Sleeping without dreams

Medic sighed, resting his head on the back of the chair, his coat resting on its back. Ow. Uncomfortable chair. He's have to fix that later. He leaned forward and rubbed his face, pushing his glasses up his face as he rubbed it. His paperwork sat empty, he had been staring at it for hours.

Empty lines, empty thoughts. He spun his pen in his fingers mindlessly, staring at nothing on the wall, lost in thought, none of it about his work.

Who knows how long he spent just sitting there, mindlessly staring at his wall and the one poster on it, a Mann.co poster, saying "We make products and get in fights". What a silly poster, why would they put that quote on a poster?

His brain wandered all around, thinking about random things, the poster, when he last ate was, what he was going to do tomorrow, perhaps a guess of how many times he would respawn the next day. He was so lost in thought, he zoned out and his eyes glossed over, and he didn't hear the repeated knocks on his door. He didn't even look up as the door was opened. But when his name was called, he blinked and looked up.

"Doktor?" Heavy asked, standing in the doorway.

"Huh? Oh. Hello, Heavy," Medic responded. "What is it?" He ran the blunt end of his pen over his knuckles.

"You've, um. You've been up here for hours, you missed dinner... and bed," Heavy stated a little awkwardly, still standing in his doorway. "You and me are only ones awake now." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Oh. I must have really been distracted zhen- what time is it, libe?"

"Is late. I think it is maybe... 1:30?" Heavy guessed, shrugging.

Medic felt his eyebrows go up on his forehead. "Huh. It IS late zhen." He closed his eyes and rubbed them again, feeling that he was very, very tired. He kept them closed for a minute, before opening them again to find Heavy looming right behind him.

Medic was startled, jumping a little, feeling even more startled when he got lifted out of his chair and slung over Heavy's shoulder firemen style.

"Aich, Heavy! Put me down!" Medic whispered angrily, blushing intensely in the dark hallway he was being carried into.

Heavy did not respond. He walked down the hallway to Medic's room, opening the door and going inside.

Medic wiggled furiously, no one was supposed to go in his room! Heavy had an uncannily tight grip, he wasn't able to escape off his shoulder.

The light was turned on, revealing an incredibly messy room. Crumpled pieces of paper littered the floor, overflowing in the small trash bin near a desk in a corner. His bed was a mess, half of it lay scattered on the floor, a few pillows had fallen off of it, along with over half of the blankets. Worst of all, he had left half his closet on the floor, mostly all of his shirts.

"Whoof." Was all Heavy said. Medic felt his face get red more, still trying to escape his shouldered prison.

Heavy gently set Medic down, before leaning down and picking up the fallen pillows and blankets and remaking Medic's bed for him.

Medic watched quietly, tilting his head like a curious young child. He sat down on his messy floor and started picking up the balls of paper and making a pile of them, trying to at least consolidate the mess somehow.

Heavy finished making his collages bed, before picking him up again and plopping him down on his bed, having Medic make a little "Oof!" sound. Medic frowned at Heavy, but didn't get up and scold him. He just laid there, sprawled all over the bed.

"Dankeschön," Medic grumbled tiredly, grabbing a pillow and covering his face with it.

He kept his pillow over his face for a while, before feeling his bed dip a little and warm arms wrapped around his waist and pull him backwards.

"Ack! Heav-" He started, but got his mouth covered. He kept trying to talk, but his muffled attempts made made no progress. He let out a grumbling sigh, and relaxed his tense body.

Now that he thought about it, it was kind of cozy in Heavy's arms. He had a warm grip and he felt like a heater. He rolled over to see Heavy staring at him with his pale grey-blue eyes. Medic felt his face blush, and made a goofy and hasty trying-to-cover-it-up kind of face. Heavy chuckled before patting Medic's head, dwarfing it with his large hand.

Medic snuggled into Heavy's chest, putting his chin on his shoulder. Heavy hugged him, squeezing him gently. He felt safe and warm, like a blanket was wrapped around him, like nothing could ever harm him in his arms. Safe enough that maybe, just maybe, his on-going nightmares would hopefully cease tonight. Medic's eyes fluttered open and closed, slowly dragging downwards. Maybe, he thought, maybe he stayed up so late at night so he wouldn't have nightmares.

Hopefully, tonight would be different. And as he drifted off to sleep, he kissed Heavy goodnight on the cheek, before falling asleep, into a dark, dreamless sleep.