𝟎𝟏 || 𝙽𝚎𝚠

❝ 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

❝ 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐. ❞
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

School, school, boring old school. Pretty much no one likes school, especially when you are in high school. All the work, exams, important knowledge, unnecessary knowledge and responsibilities trusted upon students. No one ever truly enjoyed that, well, if you do then you are one strange human being.

A new school meant new opportunities, new friends, new chances, a new everything. Well, except for a new Miguel. He was still the same, he knew that very well. The only change in his life was his new hobby of his, karate. Never had he truly had something like that which he liked. It was new, it was exciting and his sensei, he was something else.

Miguel gave a tight-lipped smile to the lady behind the counter as he took his tray of food and turned around to try and see where he could find somewhere to sit or maybe even sit and make some new friends. He would need them here. His eyes scanned the place, students talking with each other, laughing. Just as his eyes landed upon the vending machine not far from him he then came to realise one thing; look away.

Nope. He was not going that way, now way. Quickly his eyes averted from the group of boys that were banging the machine to get their food out. Same group of boys that made fun of him over the summer. Great. If he had known they would be at the same school Miguel would not have gone. But oh well, he was here now either way.

With a sigh, he began to slowly walk to the other side of the cafeteria, looking at the different tables and trying to decide which to pick and see whether he would be welcome there. No. No. No. No. Too many people sat at most of the tables, never would he just ask a group of six people if it was cool to join them.

When he caught sight of a fairly empty table, only two boys sitting at it, he took his chance. One of the boys, pale with dark hair, only sat and picked on his food while the other timidly sat and just looked around. It was the one who seemed more shy that noticed Miguel first and just slightly bumped his friend's elbow to catch his attention.

"Is it cool if I sit here?" Miguel asks, unsure if this was a good idea.

"Ooh," The dark haired boy whistled. "Sorry, the table is really blowing up right now. I can put you on the waitlist, but it's probably next semester at the earliest."

Miguel lowers his head, not understanding the sarcasm that was quite literally dripping from the boy's mouth as he spoke, moving to walk away. "Okay."

"No, I'm kidding. Sit." The boy quickly stops him from walking further and motions for Miguel to sit down at one of the empty chairs. The other boy with lighter hair smiles amusingly as Miguel sits down beside him.

"Miguel."

"Demitri," The dark haired boy introduces. "This is Eli."

Miguel nods in greeting at Eli who only smiles slightly and turns his eyes back to his hands and continues staying quiet.