We don't need you anymore

"Sarah, baby girl" The soft voice kept whispering. I was running around the castle. Everything felt normal, but kind of bizarre too. But this voice, it was familiar. It was safe and comforting. Who was it?

"Sarah, come here my girl" My feet were walking as if they knew better. Maybe they did like they had a mind of their own.

Something shifted. I was standing in an awfully familiar room. There was a door opening to the balcony and it was somewhat pulling me towards itself. "Sarah, come here my brave girl" That voice called again.

"Mama" My lips knew before my mind did. Running towards the balcony, I finally saw her.

Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and that warm smile. She had her arms spread out for me.

"Mama!" Stairs were going down the balcony into a garden. My feet ran faster than expected and the next moment, she picked me up.

"My love, my smart, brave girl" I felt her essence, her skin, and warmth after such a long time. Soft and comforting. I held onto her tightly.

"Go away, Sarah." A 2nd voice whispered behind me. He was mean, but I loved him too. Mama put me down as soon as he got there. I turned around and there he was, standing on the balcony.

"You never saved us. You let us all die" Even from the distance, I saw tears pooling up in his eyes. In a blink, Mama was standing with him too.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry Ahad" The stairs were suddenly gone from there. I couldn't reach them even when I wanted to. My senses told me something very bad was about to happen.

"No. Go away now. You don't love us. You could have saved us but you didn't" I saw it, flames rising behind them!

"Mama, Ahad run! Run please save yourselves!" I felt hot tears streaming down my own cheeks. I wanted to scream but what came out was merely a whisper. I saw them, walking into the fire, that monster who took them before too. Took them away every time.

"AHAD! MAMA!"

My eyes shot open, only to meet darkness. It felt wet, on my neck and whole body. I had been sweating and my breathing was paced.

"Another dream. Just a dream" I turned on the bedside lamp and poured myself a glass of water.

"It's not your fault. You couldn't have done anything" I was whispering to myself and chugged down the whole glass in one breath.

"It's okay. You're safe. What's done is done, who's gone is gone" Kept whispering the things my counselor told me. Things supposed to calm me down. These nightmares shouldn't even scare me anymore. They were kind of a routine now.

It was Zain's birthday tomorrow. I have disturbing dreams before anything big. Should have been ready for this one too.

Ahad was my brother. Yes, 'was'. An accident, a horrible one, took away my brother, baby sister, and mother from me. I was 11 years old back then, and Ahad was 8. The most beloved prince. Everybody loved him, and he deserved to be loved. Always laughing, making others laugh, and being everyone's best friend were his things. I had always felt kind of jealous of him, of his charismatic personality, but I loved him nevertheless. And loved him more than anything.