We live on the grounds, princess.

Our reality is too bitter sometimes

Our reality is too bitter sometimes. And some of us try to find an escape in other people's reality. But only a few succeed in it. Harsh realities are hard to face and somewhat impossible to accept. At times like these, I love to take a break from my world and get lost in someone else's. We find alternative universes in music, books, places, and paintings. There is certain magic hidden in these arts, recognized only by some chosen ones. The magic that connects everything. All of us.

Me and the gang we visiting Jugnu today. Another one of the magical places altering from reality, that Esha introduced us to. The best thing about this place is that it's hidden from the world! No people and no human interactions! And the 2nd best thing is the fireflies here. They only come into sight around this time of the year. And the special thing about them? They glow in all colors! It's like magical lights in these little creatures which vary from reds to blues, greens, and yellows too. Every color imaginable. I once heard Esha mention that every firefly glows its own unique color, and no pair of them exists with the same one. Now that's what I call real magic.

Until now, I've only heard of it, so last week we made plans to finally visit the place. The group included me, Zain, Sadaf, Esha, and her brother Aamir. It's been over 3 years since our friendship, and surprisingly, I haven't had many interactions with her brother. This was the first time he was invited to any of our 'trips'.

Convincing Baba to let me hang out with my new friend wasn't that hard, surprisingly. He was pleased that I was being open to new people. He just warned me that this friendship should not be at the cost of my duties as the princess. Otherwise, all was fine by him. All the people I've met my age were either royal themselves or children of noble people. And honestly speaking, nobody seemed that interesting to me. There was this layer of fakeness everyone was wearing. Was I the only one able to see right through it? Does it really not bother other people how dry and fake everything was in these royal affairs?

Ugh, I'm supposed to enjoy today so I'm not gonna think much about anything that'll bring my spirits down. I'm supposed to leave the castle for Esha's place after sunset, so just another hour.

The reflection in the mirror was staring back at me. I choose to wear a forest green tunic for today and let my hair loose. Those brown locks streaming down the shoulders felt nice. I rarely leave them open, but maybe on impulse, I wanted to look beautiful today. At my best. Maybe somewhere inside me, I believed that in order to truly enjoy a moment, I had to enjoy myself too. Mostly for professional gatherings, I had to be groomed in a formal manner, but today I was free to primp myself as I pleased. Honestly, I always thought simplicity looks much more beautiful, gentle, original, and comfortable.

'Don't stress yourself out. Aamir would swoon even if you're wearing a potato sack. And you look gorgeous nevertheless' Okay she did NOT have to startle me like that.

'Some day Sadaf, you're really going to go to the dungeons for giving me a heart attack' I turned around to meet her playful eyes as the door shut behind her.