Chapter 10: The mountain

Silver fidgeted with his fingers, while Shadow had his eyes closed, his head pointing at the ceiling. He opened his eyes and turned towards Silver, who seemed worried.

"What's up, Silver? You look worried." Shadow asked Silver. Silver turned to face Shadow. "Oh! Nothing really. It's just.. Eh.. That close call back there.. It's messing with me.. We could've been captured if I didn't turn around to stop that orange guy..!" Silver responded to Shadow.

Shadow sighed, wondering how he could help Silver feel better. Suddenly, the van stopped. "Hey, guys! We're here!" Sonic said, walking from the driver's seat to the exit. Sonia grabbed  his arm.

"Not so fast, mister! We have to make sure it's safe!" Sonia said. "And why do you guys have to do that?" Shadow asked, raising his eyebrow. "Safety!" Sonia said, putting both of her hands on her hips. "Alright. I'll go check." Shadow said, hopping out of the van.

Shadow looked both ways. "Safe!" He said, turning around and stepping back to make room for everyone to get out.

"Alright, now what do we do?" Shadow asked. "Let's go to the Freedom Fighers base!" Sonic suggested. "No, let's go to a salon! I need my hair done!" Sonia said.  "You always want your hair done!" Sonic and Manic said, rolling their eyes.

Shadow sighed. "Let's go to the Freedom Fighters base for more people to protect Sonia when she does her hair buisness first. Then we'll let Sonia do her thing." He said.

"Finally, someone has their manners!" Sonia said, smirking at her brothers. They groaned. "Alright.." The brothers said at the same time.

"And which way is the base?" Shadow asked, crossing his arms. "That way." Sonic said, pointing to a large mountain with a barely noticeable way up. "Let's move then. Silver, you bring them up." Shadow said, dashing to the mountain.

"Alright!" Silver said, using his telekinesis to lift the triplets up and follow Shadow. "WWOOOAAAAAAAAHH!!" Sonic yelled. "Be quiet, Sonic! We're all surprised!" Sonia yelled at Sonic. "This is so crazy!! I'm dreaming!!" Manic said.

"You aren't! A lot of us have powers in my universe!" Silver said. "Mostly in the Resistance. Or what you three call the 'Freedom Fighters' I'm guessing." Shadow said, jumping onto a large rock and almost falling. "Careful there! And most?" Manic questioned Shadow.

"Yeah. There's a lotta powerful enemies. Including that stupid Jackal that sent us here. I really hope that he didn't send anyone else here." Shadow said.

They finally reached the top of the mountain, a big lump in the mountain sitting in front of them. Shadow panted. "How do you.. get on top.. of here.." He panted bewteen his breaths.

Silver set the triplets down. "Sonic normally runs up here within the span of a few seconds." Sonia said. "Hm.. Well, I guess it was best that we sticked together anyways." Shadow said, nodding and smiling a bit.

The "same" lion from earlier ran from the now opened mountain lump. "Sonic! Who are these two?" Cyrus asked, looking at Shadow and Silver. Shadow back up, not trusting that lion.

"My name is Silver!" Silver said, smiling. "And this is Shadow!" He said, pointing at Shadow. "Err.. Keep your distance.." Shadow said, his ears pinned.

"What's up with him?" Cyrus asked. "Dingo used you as a disguise to trick Shadow." Sonic said, repulsion in his voice when he said "Dingo". "Yeesh! And I would've thought that he would be a goblin again!" Cyrus said, disgust in his voice.

"He probably did it just in case Shadow was an ally." Sonia said, putting her hands on her hips. "Now let's go inside of the base! It's getting cold!" She said.

"Alright. Follow me!" Cyrus said to Shadow and Silver, walking to the base. Everyone followed.