four

after the lecture, you went to stiles' place to study just as you planned. pushing the ajar door of his bedroom open, you begin to place the study books and notes gently on his computer desk. you put your bookbag on the ground next to the desk to free your tensed shoulders.

then, you peer around stiles' room. the numerous posters and frames that filled the walls made you intrigued. despite clothes scattered the room here and there and the unkempt sheets, you felt comfortable.

soon your eyes fall on his detective board. among the many pictures laid on the wall, it was nearly unseen.

"i apologize for the mess. i wasn't exactly prepared since i thought we were going to study at the campus." a nervous laugh leaves his lips. stiles quickly fixes his bed and tosses the clothes in a laundry basket.

he notices your preoccupation on the detective board. "ah, you're looking at that." he snaps his fingers.

"yeah. i'm just intrigued, is all." you walk over to take a closer look, "this seems interesting,"

and it was. you see that he's taken precise time with his works; evidently through all the red strings that place from pin to pin, and especially the notes that he's posted around the board.

"wow stilinski. this is impressive." you utter; nearly speechless.

in the background you hear a lighthearted laugh, "thank you. it was a while back, actually. lots of cases i had to solve. thought i put my detective skills into practice." he jokes around at the last sentence.

you being an agent, you are extremely impressed by his works. assuming this was done in his high school years, your respect for him skyrockets. in your experience of being top student for every class thus far, your heart skips a beat in knowing that stiles might be a competition you've yearned for.

stiles clears his throat, opening his laptop to type into the assignment posted by the professor. with the laptop in his hand, he takes a seat on his soft mattress.

from hearing the shuffling in the background, you turn around to follow stiles' footsteps, gently taking a seat beside him. you look over his shoulder to see what content he had struggles on.

"may i see your notes?" you say. stiles nods and hands you the sheets of jotted notes; though it wasn't many, it was just enough for you to help.

"okay, let's take a look."

6:20 pm

laying flat on both of your stomachs, you and stiles long forgot about studying — instead, you are listening to his high school mishaps.

you laugh hysterically upon hearing stiles and scott's panicked plan when holding liam captive. "there is no fucking way." you try to hold your continous giggles with your hand.

"it was scott's idea!" he huffed out and shakes his head. "he's always getting me into trouble," he sighs out, "that bastard."

"god, you handled it horribly." you comment, recalling when stiles told you the interrogation with liam.

stiles furrows his eyebrows in frustration, bitterly pouting his lips. "well what would you do?"

"definitely not what you did."