Hᴏɴᴇsᴛ

Song By : Nico Collins
TR Ship : Ran x Sanzu

Ran's POV

Since when did I turn out to be like this...

Even Rindou left me due to how cruel I was. But not you, not the one I hurt the most.

As I puffed another smoke of my cigarette, a pink haired guy entered the room after the girl I fucked just now left. I know he met her again.

"How many times did you swore to me that you will change? It's been five months Ran Haitani—"

"You're tired?" I cut off his words as he was standing right in front of me. A sympathy can be seen in his gaze which I hate the most. No one ever dare to look at me like that

"Then leave." I responded before pressing the cigarette in my ashtray.

"Is that it? You're the one who started this relationship. I've tried so hard to go back from what we are. Our sweetness and such, where are they?"

I just rolled my eyes and rest my head against the wall close to my bed. I knew he noticed how I reacted when I saw his fist clenched in annoyance.

"Why are you so heartless? Who made you this way?"

And that question sounds unreal. I never heard anyone asked me that. Who would ever expected that a guy like you who also had a lot of painful past got a courage to asked me that kind of question. We both know we're just living in a same cruel world.

Therefore, I just stare at him vacantly and didn't even spouted a single words. You begged for the answer we both know I can't have.

"I'm just being honest and if you can't stand it, leave." I replied as my cold voice sent shivers down on his spine.

"No"

Yet I heard that answer again.

Shut up, just keep your never ending forgiveness to yourself 'cause I will always done it anyway.

I was shut by that response. I don't know how to react. It was the way I expected it to be and I know I want him to run away and just live a better life without me. But sometimes, I really do wish you stay like that.

I want him, I do love him but there's something in me that only bad things that can make me feel alive.

How I wish I can just beg for you to stop forgiving me but I got this pride.

Suddenly, the silence got ruined by a sirens coming.

I immediately stood up and looked over the window just to found the police's car coming closer.

"Shitty bastards" I cursed under my breath. I was about to grabbed my shirt when I realized that Haru is not here anymore.

Is he the one who called the police?

I gripped on my shirt before wearing it on. I slowly get out of the room to take a peek downstairs in where I saw Haru having a conversation with a cops

"He's not here officer"

My eyes widened in surprised. I see, you lied for me again

But then, as I was standing there and secretly listening to their conversation. A loud noise entered the house and the next thing I knew, the cops are already few distance away from me.

I immediately jumped off the staircase and even had a chance to avoid the bullets from them.

"Ran?! I thought you already ran away?" Haru then yelled

Those words made me realize, I was the only one who had the guts to betray him.

My body moved on its own and grabbed his wrist as we both immediately get out of the house.

"Shut up! I've been telling you to leave but you're such a fucking stubborn" I retorted as our feet starts making its way to run away and leave the place full of cops chasing me.

I felt his fist clenched as I was holding his wrist.

"Not in the way you want me to"

In just a blink of an eye, I felt his wrist let go from my grip and the next thing I knew... A loud gunshot can be heard in a street full of city lights

The sight of him catching the bullets for me as my life with him flashed before my eyes.

"Damn you Ran, I told you stop buying flowers whenever we had a little fight"

"Hehe, I can't help it. Flowers reminds me of you"

No... No, not him.

Please... Let him live

"HARU!!" I yelled as I stopped running away in order to catch his body.

"N-no, no wake up! I told you to leave me but not this way. Please!"

"D-dumbass, I'm such a stubborn, right?"

He even had a chance to chuckle in this kind of situation.

You're really such a fool for forgiving me until this moment of your life. Fuck it, this is all my fault.

As his body lying in my arms, that was then I realized I already shed a tear that continue dripping on his bloody shirt.

I can hear the sirens coping and the footsteps of cops running towards us but I didn't care.

I realized how stupid I am. I realized how you care for me and I was just there, wasting all the chance to go back for what we are in the past.

"DON'T YOU DARE CLOSE YOUR EYES! I PROMISE I'LL CHANGE THIS TIME, PLEASE PLEASE—"

I  was cut off by a sudden pull by a random cop. Only then I realized, I was pinned on the ground and was unable to run away anymore.

"NO! LET GO! HARU!" I yelled repeatedly, trying hard to reach him as much as I can but they're too strong for a guy like me who gotten weak from what I witness.

It was enough to kill me by shattering my heart into million pieces.

"Idiot, of course I love you"
"We'll win this fight and have a better future together"
"It's okay... I will stay"

As the sirens of the police filled my surroundings, his voice still lingering in my mind.

I regret, I regret everything I've done.

If I ever got another chance, I will beg a million times to be with you again. But fuck it, I'm too late

I'm too late to realize how foolish I am

I'm too late to be a guy that deserves your devotion and love.

I.. I was too late to save you my love...

.
.
.

...𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯...