Welcome to Camp Half-Blood part 1

I never asked to be a half blood my life is already dangerous enough. My parents are complicated to say the very least. My mom is Bulma Briefs, a very rich business woman and my father is from a different planet. He's from a race of warriors called Saiyans and he was the prince of the entire race.

I've spent my entire life training and getting stronger, according to my father i am a hundred times stronger than he was at my age. Saiyans get stronger after every battle and the have abilities based on Ki(Life Energy) like flight and beam attacks.

When I am not training my mother makes me go to school at Yancy Academy which is basically a school for troubled rich kids. I've only made two friends Percy and Grover and we are almost inseparable from each other.

Our class took a field trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at Ancient Greek and Roman stuff. Our Latin teacher Me.Brunner was leading the field trip so I hope it's not boring, he's a middle aged man in a wheelchair. On the way to the museum we had to put up with Nancy Bobofit who's a red headed kleptomaniac girl.
Grover's the easiest target because he is a bit childish still and looks to have been held back a few times as he looks older than a sixth grader. On the icing on the cake is that he has a muscular disease so he has to use crutches. Nancy was throwing clumps of her sandwich at Grover which got stuck in his hair but he was insisting that it was fine so me and Percy wouldn't do something that would most likely get us suspended.

"I'm gonna kill her," Percy mumbled.
"Just let me get a shot at her first," I said hotly.
Grover was trying to calm us down. "It's okay. I like peanut butter." He dodged another piece of Nancy's lunch.
"That's it." Percy started to get up but Grover pulled him back in his seat. "Your already in probation," Grover reminded Percy. "You and Ty will get blamed if anything happens."
Mrs.Dodds is the other chaperone on the trip and she keeps giving me and Percy the evil eye like she has a vendetta against us.

Finally, Nancy Bobofit snickered something about the naked guy on the stele, and Percy turned around
and said, "Will you shut up?"

It came out louder than I meant it to.

The whole group laughed. Mr. Brunner stopped his story.

"Mr. Jackson," he said, "did you have a comment?"

Percy's  face was totally red. He said, "No, sir."

Mr. Brunner pointed to one of the pictures on the stele. "Perhaps you'll tell us what this picture
represents?"

I looked at the carving, and felt a flush of relief, because Me and Percy actually recognized it. "That's Kronos
eating his kids, right?"

"Yes," Mr. Brunner said, obviously not satisfied. "And he did this because . . ."
"Well ..." Percy racked his brain to remember. "Kronos was the king god, and — "
"God?" Mr. Brunner asked.

"Titan," I corrected myself. "And ... he didn't trust his kids, who were the gods. So, um, Kronos ate
them, right? But his wife hid baby Zeus, and gave Kronos a rock to eat instead. And later, when Zeus
grew up, he tricked his dad, Kronos, into barfing up his brothers and sisters — "

"Eeew!" said one of the girls behind me.

" — and so there was this big fight between the gods and the Titans," I continued, "and the gods
won."

Some snickers from the group.

Behind us, Nancy Bobofit mumbled to a friend, "Like we're going to use this in real life. Like it's
going to say on our job applications, 'Please explain why Kronos ate his kids.'"

"And why, Mr. Briefs," Brunner said, "to paraphrase Miss Bobofit's excellent question, does this
matter in real life?"

"Busted," Grover muttered.

"Shut up," Nancy hissed, her face even brighter red than her hair.

At least Nancy got packed, too. Mr. Brunner was the only one who ever caught her saying anything
wrong. He had radar ears.

I thought about his question, and shrugged. "I don't know, sir."

"I see." Mr. Brunner looked disappointed. "Well, half credit, Mr. Briefs. Zeus did indeed feed
Kronos a mixture of mustard and wine, which made him disgorge his other five children, who, of
course, being immortal gods, had been living and growing up completely undigested in the Titan's
stomach. The gods defeated their father, sliced him to pieces with his own scythe, and scattered his
remains in Tartarus, the darkest part of the Underworld. On that happy note, it's time for lunch. Mrs.
Dodds, would you lead us back outside?"

The class drifted off, the girls holding their stomachs, the guys pushing each other around and acting
like doofuses.

Grover, Percy, and I were about to follow when Mr. Brunner said, "Mr. Jackson, Mr. Briefs."
We knew that was coming.

I told Grover to keep going. Then I turned toward Mr. Brunner. "Sir?"

Mr. Brunner had this look that wouldn't let you go — intense brown eyes that could 've been a
thousand years old and had seen everything.

"You both must learn the answer to my question," Mr. Brunner told us.

"About the Titans?"

"About real life. And how your studies apply to it."
"Oh."

"What you learn from me," he said, "is vitally important. I expect you to treat it as such. I will
accept only the best from you, Percy Jackson and Tyber Briefs."