High Infidelity

TW: Toxic Relationships, Drunkenness, Sexual Assault, and Cheating (but he deserves it)
Ship: Hajime Hinata x Nagito Komaeda (and Nagito has a nameless abusive boyfriend but that's not really a ship lol)
Perspective: Nagito Komaeda, third person

inspired by the Taylor Swift song of the same name (+ several of her other songs)
Also reminder the legal drinking age in Japan is 20

Nagito's boyfriend wasn't a good person. At first the luckster was fine with it, he isn't a good person either, but at a certain point it gets to be too much. He wasn't physically abusive but he was manipulative and didn't take 'no' for an answer. Nagito's nonexistent self esteem was what stopped him from standing up for himself. If he's lucky enough to have someone interested in him how could he be picky? Every time Nagito bit his tounge his world got a little dimmer and by the time his 20th birthday was coming to an end everything looked dark and dingy.
He had convinced him to party with his boyfriend's friend group and not his own. Everyone Nagito would invite wasn't available on the day of his actual birthday and his boyfriend didn't want to reschedule. It was his 20th afterall, the first day he was legally allowed to drink! Except he didn't want to drink. He had trauma when it came to alcohol. Did his boyfriend listen though? No, of course not, he never did. So he spent his birthday choking down disgusting alcoholic drinks and trying not to have a panic attack while the sounds of his boyfriend and his friends circled around him as he got increasingly more intoxicated. The feeling was uniquely terrible, the room was spinning and he was having an even harder time understanding others than usual. Then him and his boyfriend got a cab home and he was his regular pushy self and-

He needed to get out of there. Now.
Nagito layed completely still until he was absolutely sure his boyfriend was asleep. He moved slowly and silently, putting his clothes back on and gathering his phone and keys. He exited to the living room and took a breath. Checking the time it was just after 3 am. Hajime would be long done with night classes but not be asleep yet. He always went to Hajime's apartment when he needed a break. His brain was still fuzzy from the alcohol when he pulled up Hajime's contact and texted him to please come pick him up. With that he grabbed his large jacket and sneaked outside.

Hajime pulled up in his shoddy hand-me-down and Nagito opened the passenger door as soon as it stopped moving. Hajime gave him a small smile.
"You know this is the 10th time you've had me come pick you up in the middle of the night?" he asks half-jokingly, trying to cheer Nagito up.
"I didn't know you were keeping count..." he mumbles as he locks his seatbelt.
"Yeah, and if I were keeping count how many times you've slept on my couch in the last 5 years I'd have asked for help with rent, you freeloader." he teases as he pulls out of the side road Nagito's house was on. After Nagito doesn't tease back he looks over with a frown.
"What's wrong?" he asks earnestly.
"I just want to be sober again as soon as possible..." Nagito groans, feeling the car moving way too strongly.
"Well when we get back to my place you can have some of my canned bread as you chug water." Hajime offers. Nagito rubs his eyes.
"You've only been 20 for a few months, why are you already an expert?" he questions.
"I'm a university student, Nagito, you really think I waited 'til I was 20 to drink?" Hajime laughs.

"Okay, we're here, you need help?"
Nagito shakes his head 'no' as he unbuckles his seatbelt and moves to exit the car, but then falls back down into the seat after getting hit by a wave of nausea.
"...Maybe" he croaks. Hajime gives a tsk and walks around his car to Nagito's side. He gently helps him out and keeps an arm around him as they enter the apartment building, quickly swiping his keycard for access.
"I know you prefer the stairs but there's no way I'm carrying you up 2 flights." Hajime sasses as he presses the elevator button in his apartment building. Nagito looks at the ground with empty eyes.
"That's okay. I've been through enough bad luck today, I doubt anything worse is gonna happen." he says quietly. Hajime frowns.