[ Asset ]

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 1,066

[ 𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚝: 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚍, 𝚞𝚜𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚝. ]

(a/n: hi everybody!! this was probably a record hiatus lmfaooo college got intense and thats more important than a fic </3 but im home for break so there should be much more writing in the future!! )

------------------ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ------------------

𝐈𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐍𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐢'𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝.

This was first time Kento had ever experienced such a stupefying event. He was quite well known for never, well, losing.

The first week had been hell for him, it was as if his own personal hell had broken loose. He had not been deployed on a mission since and the squawking of never ending laughter from Gojo had almost drove him insane within itself.

Nevertheless, he kept his composure, not even letting an inch of his brow twitch at another relentless jab at his failed mission by the ivory haired operative. He'd been walking through the sleek, darkened hallways of JSU headquarters when Gojo decided to ambush again, his shrill giggles rebounding off the walls of the typically quiet setting.

"I wish I'd been there to see the look on your face," Gojo chuckled, clasping his arm over the poor blonde's shoulder. "I can't believe that you, Nanami-chan, lost a target!"

The brown eyed male shot daggers in his glance. "Believe it."

He quickly shrugged the gesture away, turning down another hallway. Satoru relentlessly followed.

Today he seemed particularly persistent. For what reason, Nanami didn't care enough to ask.

"Aww, don't be too upset," he chimed. "It happens to the best of us. Don't tell her I told you this-she'll kill me, but Utahime had the worst fluke a month or two ago. Completely mixed up the location of the retrieval. Ha! Can you believe that? Couldn't be me though. Haven't messed up a single time yet."

Nanami rolled his eyes as he reached his office door. "Don't you have agents to train?"

"Hm? Oh!" Gojo glanced at the computerized watch on his wrist. "Ah, they'll be fine. I bet those three are already warming up."

Tardy and still bothering him.

"Go find someone else to talk to, Gojo-san. I've got paperwork to do and I refuse to work overtime."

Kento brought his hand from his pocket, lifting it to the flat black scanner residing by the frame. It beeped in greeting, the door unlocking with a hearty click.

"Paperwork? What a shame..." Satoru sighed dramatically.

"I suppose it is," Nanami deadpanned.

He pulled on the handle, barging into the room as quickly as he could.

"Talk to me when there are more important matters at hand."

The agent went to abruptly shut the door, but was stopped by a force that made him turn around. Satoru's thimble hands had just barely caught the door from closing. The urge to push harder was strong, but Nanami resisted such a childish action.

"What do you want, Gojo-san?" He sighed. His head had begun to ache.

Satoru pushed the door back open, his face devoid of a smile. Nanami searched his features for a split second in case this was just a ridiculous gag of his.

No, he was serious as all hell.

"I've got important matters at hand."

So that's why he wouldn't stop following him. Nanami studied him for a second before turning away.

The blond took his time walking around the room- taking off his jacket and removing his glasses and placing them on his coffee table.

He then pulled his chair from his desk and slowly took a seat.

"Well?"

A flicker of satisfaction crossed Satoru's face, clearly pleased with Nanami's willingness to listen. He readjusted the tinted glasses upon his face and wet his lips, resting his elbows on spread legs.

"Director Yaga has put me in charge of contacting special agents for a mission."

"Mission?" Nanami repeated, to which Gojo slightly nodded before lifting a finger.

"No, bigger than just a mission. A... a great heist if you will."

Nanami must have unconsciously leaned in with interest, because Satoru seemed to be hanging on each word as if he were a dog and the other possessed an twelve ounce steak.

Cutting to what piqued his interest, he asked, "What kind of heist?"

"The biggest kind." Satoru grinned. "The biggest goddamn heist the Jujutsu Sorcerer Unit has ever attempted."

He let out an echo of a chuckle. "The Director thinks your little lesson has been learned and that it'd be good for you to get out there again, and if you're down for it, he'd like you on the job."

Relief flooded over Nanami as he let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. The gods must have been on his side. He hadn't a clue how long his "probation" would have lasted if this opportunity didn't arise.

"What will I be protecting?"

Gojo raised his head in amusement. "Not protecting. Retrieving."

Nanami's brows lifted. "Retrieving?" He echoed.

Christ. This was unexpected.

"Yes sir," Gojo folded his arms. "Only if you're up for it. I mean, you could always deny the offer, stay here, do meaningless paperwork. You might be a bit rusty and all at retrieving too, I mean-"

"Don't you dare patronize me," Nanami replied. "I'll do it."

"Sure?"

"As hell."

Gojo smirked before lightly shrugging his shoulders. "Alright then." He fished a small slip of paper from his trousers and tossed it on the wooden desk.

Nanami peered at the scrawled address in pen.

"Tonight. Eleven pm," Satoru clicked his tongue. "I tell you everything you need to know there. If you get lost, ask a bouncer. They'll know the place."

Kento nodded, until another thought crossed his mind.

"And I am assuming I'll be working alone?"

Satoru gave a nod, yet there was a falter in movement. "'Course."

"Gojo-san."

"I know how you are," Satoru insisted. "You will be working alone, jeez."

"...Good." Nanami said, eyes somewhat narrowed.

And with that, the man's face brightened up again as he opened the door. "See ya later Nanami-kun!"

He exited with a slight skip in his step that was equally unnerving as it was annoying.

Nanami looked back down at the address a final time before pocketing the paper and grabbing a stack of files from the desk drawer. As he grabbed the first, rather bulky folder, his mind wandered back to minutes earlier.

The biggest heist ever attempted at JSU. Hm.

Ever so slightly, Nanami smiled to himself.

Tonight. Eleven pm.

Tonight.

-------------ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ------------