Chapter 5

"Shizun is really good with makeup" came the voice of Luo Binghe, taking Shen Yuan out of his focus slightly. He was being careful, making sure both eyes were looking the same and had clearly been thinking about it for a little while, despite still using some references on his phone.

The human blushed slightly at the compliment, not seeing why he was telling him that when he had not yet seen the result. "Not really, it has been a while since I did that," he pointed out, finishing his work. He had really just added some red makeup to the outer corner of his eyes, sliding a little under his eyes. He even risked putting on some eyeliner and he didn't regret it, it did look really good.

Binghe then looked himself in the mirror, smiling at the result. "We could buy some rouge when we get back home if Shizun wants to try more often" suggested the Demon Lord. This made Shen Yuan smile a little more softly, thinking of home. If Luo Binghe was there it would most likely always be home, but he was still missing his mountain Peak.

He brushed aside the feeling, not wanting to be bumped out for the day. They would have a fun time trying to find some actually fashionable clothes for his husband. Sure, he was nowhere near good at fashion, but he could tell his clothes were not suited for the Demon Lord. At worst they would need to listen to what the clerk had to say, he was sure every one of them would be happy to serve someone as handsome as Luo Binghe.

For now, the man was still wearing the pieces of clothes he had managed to find, adding to this that Shen Yuan went to buy him some underwear. It was truly a weird mixed, than to have him wear modern cloths, yet rather old fashioned boots.

It was... going to cost a lot of money, but it should be fine, right? He had his old economies, which wasn't too bad since the last convention he was supposed to go to was cancelled, so he still had his money. His mother had also transferred him money, enough to live correctly for a while with his lack of work. If they were to stay it wouldn't be the best idea to throw it away so easily, but at the same time, Binghe did need some modern clothes that fitted him.

He looked at himself, guessing he should be alright. Back in some not too bad looking jean, wearing one of his oversized hoodie over a generic green t-shirt. He would be sure not to be cold, although he doubted anything like this would happen under Binghe careful eyes.

"Won't Shizun put a little bit of makeup too?" Binghe then asked, a happy smile plastered on his face, Shen Yuan nearly read "We could match" all over his face. "T-this Shizun wouldn't look as good as his husband" he protested gently. It was also because he wasn't confident enough to actually wear makeup outside. He may or may not have practice on himself in the past, but he had never gone out with it.

Luo Binghe shook his head in disagreement, "This husband is convinced that Shizun would also look good". Shen Yuan slightly looked to the side, looking unsure, before trying to reach a compromise "This Shizun will let Binghe try something, but if it doesn't work I won't keep it, how about that?".

This seemed to satisfy the Demon Lord, switching place with him while the human was taking off his glasses, closing his eyes. He felt his husband wash his face, before hearing him reach for the makeup. He had expected Luo Binghe to do something similar to what he had done, yet after only a short instant and a couple of poking around, he was told that it was done.

He wasn't sure what to expect, reaching for the mirror to take a look at what his husband had done. He found a line of three dots under each of his eyes, starting for the outer corner. It was rather discreet, they were still visible with his glasses on, but not too eye-catching either. He then looked back up at Luo Binghe, the man looking at him softly "Will this be discreet enough for Shizun?".

Oh, he had noticed, yet again, his lack of confidence and decided to do something rather easy to miss. It made him smile warmly, patting his husband head, wondering how he had found someone who cared for him and noticed the smallest things. "Binghe did a good job, I do like it" he said, Binghe's eyes illuminating at the praise.