Unexpected Discovery

Wen Chao was coming back home for the summer break. He had been barely able to wait in the past two weeks filled with end of semester exams and work to give in. He knew he would finally be able to sit down and do nothing.

Finally entering his father house was good, a sense of familiarity slowly settling in. He didn't hate his apartment near his university, but it was not the same as home. He left his bags near the door, sounds coming from the kitchen making him believe his father was here. No surprise since it was already late in the morning. He didn't remember his father to be someone who wakes up late.

So he made his way to the kitchen, ready to greet his father, when the words suddenly died before he could say them, stopping net in the doorway to the kitchen. What he saw was not his father, making him feel confused.

Why was Jiang Cheng in his kitchen?!

And it wasn't even the most shocking. Why was he so casually sitting on the kitchen counter while just typing on his phone as if he was home waiting for breakfast? And why was he wearing only a shirt? Wait... wasn't that one of his father's shirt? Clearly, it couldn't be Jiang Cheng one because it was too big for him. No underwear was poking from under the shirt and he quickly glanced away, both since he didn't want to know and because he found a hickey on his thigh.

He tried figuring out why he was there. Clearly not because of himself, the two of them didn't have the best history to put it lightly. It was most likely not Wen Xu, he doubted his brother had a better relationship with Jiang Cheng than he did. And he couldn't see why he would be there for his father, even less with what he seemed to have been here for.

Jiang Cheng looked as surprised as him, sitting still on the counter, thumbs hovering above the screen as he had looked up to him, as if about to greet him too. He was clearly not expecting anyone to come here and see him like this.

"Is the coffee done baby?" came to familiar voice from his father, breaking the awkward and heavy silence between them. He just entered the room by the other entrance to the kitchen, stopping in his track as he saw them both.

What had he just called Jiang Cheng? baby?! He couldn't have heard it right, could he? Yet he couldn't find anything else that could sound like baby and still fits into the sentence without sounding weird.

"Did I forgot to tell you Wen Chao was coming back today?" he suddenly asked, making the young man wonder why it should matter if Jiang Cheng knew. Well, he was starting to see why, but he still didn't want to believe it.

He saw Jiang Cheng simply shaking his head, scooting closer to Wen Ruohan when the man walked to join him. He couldn't take his eyes away from the hands that had settled on his thigh, way too high for it to be acceptable in general.

Jiang Cheng then started looking a bit worried, leaning closer to his father to whisper something. Then he saw it, that smile and that look in his father eyes. It had been years since he last saw it, not since his mother passed away. It was that soft and loving smile he had only seen him do for her.

And now he had it for Jiang Cheng.

"Don't worry" Wen Ruohan softly said, his hand going into the short hair of Jiang Cheng, the young man leaning into the touch. "I know he won't tell anyone, you don't need to worry" Wen Caho heard, feeling like this was also said for him and the message was clear.

He didn't have the right to tell anyone.

And honestly? He didn't feel like going around telling his father was having... whatever it was they had, with a man of his own age. Yet he didn't feel as trouble by the age gap as he should have been, wondering instead since when had his father been interested in men and why the son of one of his competitors.

He saw his father place a kiss on Jiang Cheng forehead, the action visibly making the young man relax a bit as if melting under the affectionate touch.

Then Wen Ruohan went and made two cups of coffee, one of the mugs he had never seen before, but that he could easily guess to who it belonged. "Why don't you join us for breakfast?" he heard suggested, taking away his eyes front Jiang Cheng that had jump down the counter, noticing he was definitely not wearing underwear. "I think we have some things to talk about" stated the older man once their eyes met.

And they did have a lot to talk about apparently.

This was not what he had expected when coming back home.

======================================
Author's Note:

This was supposed to have more of a sugar daddy/baby relationship, but I ended up making wrh in love with jc, but it would have been the original source of the relationship really.

Now I kind of want to write something about wc and jc just trying to have a conversation together as wc go get something and they are left alone to talk without being extra awkward.