Part 3

Jin closed his laptop and picked up the printouts from his printer. He was curious why this company was so interested in investing a considerable amount in his father's company. At first, the company only wanted to be a partner, but after reading the proposal, it seemed it wanted to be one of the major stockholders. Something he knew his father wouldn't approve of, but still, he wanted to consult about it.

He opened his laptop once more and typed the name of the company. "Stellar Investments." Jin's eyes followed every word describing how great the company was. It wasn't long in the industry, but certainly, the performance was astonishing. It focused on investing in different businesses, but it was now trying its hand at the food business. Something Jin was so inclined about.

He picked up his phone, and Sunghoon picked up, "Can you respond to Stellar and make an appointment?"

Sunghoon checked his boss' calendar before responding. "Your schedule is full, boss. I can schedule for Tuesday the following week. Stellar is open anytime, so I guess this is fine."

"Alright. Just let them know I am interested. Whenever my schedule is available, just inform me once final. Thank you, Sunghoon. And I'm sorry. I just noticed it's already late. You can go home."

Jin leaned back on his chair, closing his eyes after dropping the call. He was thankful for the new clients showing interest in their business. But at the same time, he was worried about his father's absence the past few days. He didn't know what was happening, but he was sure something was off.

"How's work?" Namjoon greeted as soon as Jin stepped into their home. "You seemed busy."

Jin dropped himself on the couch beside his husband, leaning his head on Namjoon's shoulder. "It was tiring the past few weeks. It seemed Dad has been transitioning from giving the full management to me. I'm unsure if my feelings are correct, but it seems like it."

Namjoon put his arms on Jin's shoulder, pulling him closer to him. "Your father trusts you fully. That's all I can see from the situation. And I'm so proud of you."

Jin looked up and smiled, poking his husband's dimple with his finger. "Thank you." Jin stood up with his coat and bag in his arm and hand, "I'll take a shower. Jimin bought food. Let's have dinner in our unit."

"You'll have dinner with Jimin? Tonight?"

Jin looked back; he didn't like his husband's reaction. "We will have dinner. In my dad's unit, just below ours. Jimin is on the honor roll. He deserves a nice dinner."

"Aren't your dad with him? My parents were waiting for you so we could have dinner together. You'll tell me you'll bring me to dinner with your family? You should have informed me earlier. Dad would be disappointed." Namjoon ranted annoyingly.

Jin had to think for a while, closing his fist as he tried to stay calm and composed, "I'm sorry. I know it's my fault for not informing you. I'm just a bit surprised that your parents waited for me because they always eat early, and they hated waiting for my arrival--"

"And when did they tell you they hate waiting for you?!"

Jin took another deep breath, "You heard your mom when she said it to me. Okay, I'm sorry. I should not have brought it back. But Jimin wants to celebrate his award with me. And my dad isn't been going home for a week now. Jimin is alone--"

"It's not our fault if your father chooses to leave Jimin alone." Namjoon stopped Jin causing Jin to take deep, long breaths.

"Okay. Fine. I'll take a shower, and let's have dinner. With your parents." Jin turned his heel and left the living area. He hated that Namjoon was so scared of his parents. Especially to his father. And he hated arguing about it to the point he just had to apologize to stop the argument.