Arc 12.14 [Chapter 281]

Bai Liwu was under house arrest in the palace, and Huang Yuanwei was imprisoned in an iron prison.

The two men were imprisoned separately, but neither knew that the other had been imprisoned.

The moment he was put under house arrest, Bai Liwu knew that something had gone wrong with his plan and that his defeat was inevitable.

The news of Huang Yuanwei and Bai Liwu's imprisonment was kept tightly under wraps, and not a single word was leaked to the public.

Eight days later, an eagle flew into Huang Yuanwei's house.

The eagle hovered in mid-air but did not land because it did not hear the usual familiar call.

In the darkness, something was thrown at the eagle. The eagle let out a shrill cry and plunged straight to the ground.

Just when the eagle was about to hit the ground, a figure suddenly appeared below it and caught it in his arms, saving it from falling.

Xiahou Chun took off the paper at the eagle's feet. It said that 500,000 troops were ready to advance to the deep forests of the Snow Kingdom. They planned to set up camp temporarily and asked Huang Yuanwei to go there within two days.

The weather was so cold that even the people of the Snow Kingdom stayed away from the deep forest, so almost no one found out where they were hiding. Even if anyone found out, they would kill and silence them.

Xiahou Chun read the contents of the letter, and a cold smile tugged at the corners of his lips. You have finally come. Only, what you want to enter is not a treasure cave, but a sea of purgatory.

Xiahou Chun took the fainted eagle into his study. He took out a piece of paper and wrote a letter in imitation of Huang Yuanwei's handwriting, then stuffed it onto the eagle before placing the eagle on the roof.

Sometime later, the eagle slowly woke up, flapped its wings, and flew away.

General Qianfeng led his army of half a million men forward, slowly penetrating deeper into the dense forest. Unexpectedly, a mountain peak suddenly collapsed, and an avalanche accumulated thickly and tumbled down. It came at them from high above, like a huge, ferocious river.

General Qianfeng saw that the situation was not good and hastily retreated. However, no matter how fast they ran, they could not outrun the raging waves of snow and ice. Countless soldiers were buried under the thick snow and were instantly submerged in it. The 500,000-strong army was moving through the dense forest in a "mouth" formation because they wanted to hide and minimise the colour difference between them and their surroundings. Although they were numerous, they were nothing more than ants in the face of nature.

The avalanche alone caused the Kalou army to flee, losing more than 100,000 men.

So a huge number of soldiers, with the conviction and determination to win, thought that victory was imminent and had lost one-fifth of them before even touching the gates of the Snow City. Half of the remaining soldiers suffered bruises or falls in their haste to dodge.

The Snow Kingdom has always been cold, and the weather was not conducive to the healing of wounds.

The avalanche came from the top of the mountain and drove them straight to the foot of the mountain. Snow City was at the top of this snowy mountain. To enter the city, they must step through the woods.

"General, what shall we do?"

General Qianfeng swept a glance at the wounded sitting on the ground waiting to be treated, looked at the flat forest not far away, and after some thought, said, "Let us first set up camp there. I will think of something."