A Sparkly Jacket

After you and the boys had settled down along the chip shop counter, you all held your breath as the live coverage of Cotillion came on the crappy TV.

"Come on Uma!" Harry muttered under his breath. When Uma was eventually announced, you drew in a breath. "Guys! Uma looks incredible!" Gil and Harry nodded, both gobsmacked at her transformation. Uma had traded in her pirate outfit for an aqua dress that hugged her body, fanning out at the bottom, covered in sequins of gold and blue. Her captains hat and long untamed tresses of hair had been replaced by elegant gold earrings and a classy bun. But as Ben announced the barrier to be taken down, your heart plummeted as you watched helpless, as Uma's plan unraveled. "That little..!" Harry exclaimed as Mal kissed Ben, breaking Uma's hold over him. "Uma!" You called out as you watched her leap over the side of the yacht. "Will she be ok?" Gil said worriedly. Before you could answer the water began to bubble and froth, and Uma resurfaced, somehow huge and half octopus. "Wow, did you guys know she could do that?" Harry asked in wonder. "I had no clue." You replied just as dazed. "Uma! Uma! Uma!" Gil chanted. Soon the entire chip shop was crowded around the small TV chanting with you. Suddenly purple smoke filled the screen and Mal appeared in dragon form. A round of booing went up. As Uma lashed out a tentacle towards Mal she cackled and you squeezed Harry's hand in hope. Gil whooped and nudged Harry from his other side.

Before Mal could retaliate a small blue-yellow thing plopped into the water between the two angry enemies. As the camera zoomed in you snorted when Ben came into view. "Mal! Hold on. Uma! Stop, back down!" Uma just cackles again. "What are you gonna do Ben?
Splash me?" Chuckles go up around the chip shop. But Ben forges on. "It's got to stop. This isn't the answer! The fighting has got to stop. Nobody wins this way. We have to listen, and respect each other." Uma just glares at him. "Is he for real?" You mutter. Harry just face palms. "How does 'e not get that we're past this point?!" Harry angrily replies. You hear the sadness through the anger though, and give him a quick side hug. You turn your attention back to the grainy TV. "It won't be easy. But let's be brave enough to try. Uma- I know you want what's best for the Isle. Help me make a difference." Ben holds his hand out towards Uma. "What's she gonna do?" Gil asks you. "Shhh! Just watch." He dutifully watches as Uma brings her tentacle up to Ben's outstretched hand. What is she doing? She won't join him after all he's done ignoring and neglecting the Isle? Would she? But instead of taking it she drops something small and gold in his hand. She smiles sadly and disappears beneath the waves. "Uma..." you whisper, your voice is quivering with worry and sadness for her. As the stupid Auradons cheer on the yacht you snap. Hurling an empty tray at the Tv it shuts off and you storm out of the chip shop.

When you burst out of the doors you just stand there in the cold night air. Hugging yourself as tears stream down your face. How could this happen? All they've done is ignore us. The moment we try and do something to help ourselves Mal comes in and stops us! Then they 'graciously' give us a voice. Well it shouldn't have been silenced in the first place!!! Light from the chip shop doors makes your shadow long as Harry and Gil rush out after you. When they see you standing there they wordlessly wrap you in a hug. Harry pulls back and looks you in the eye. "Hey listen Y/N. I know your worried 'bout her. We all are. But she's Uma. She's got this." You let out a broken laugh. Harry gives you a small smile. "And don't forget- you told us about the plans. Technically that was just phase 2 right? Now she's going to find your parents!" Gil pipes up. This makes you think. As you give them both one last squeeze you wipe your tears off your face.

"Thanks guys. You know how Uma could transform into an octopus thing? How likely do you think it is that I can turn into a mermaid?" Gil's face lights up at the mention of mermaids. "They are sparkly right? I wish I could get a jacket to match." Laughing you turn to Harry. "King triton is the ruler of the sea no? He's super powerful and aren't mermaids- or in my case half mermaids supposed to come into their power around now?" Harry's eyebrows bunch together. "That's true...and if Uma could use her shell to cast a spell- aren't evil mermaids called sirens?" You gasp. "Wait! Are you saying I could like- hypnotise people?" Gil, wanting to be a part of things again remembers something. "Guys! You know when we where kids and for some reason decided to copy the Auradon kids song? That one about your head, shoulders, knees and toes? Well when Y/N was singing it a day later I walked past and couldn't help but do the dance! I could stop only when I really really tried, meaning if that works inside the barrier- you would probably be unstoppable outside the Isle." You nervously fiddle with your sword handle. "That's amazing Gil- and as pissed off as I am, what if I use it and can't stop?" Harry and Gil glance at each other. "We are your family Y/N. You can't hurts us. And now if Uma can't find your parents, we have a plan D. Somehow use yeh powers to get everyone out." Harry's reply soothes your nerves. "Well then, let's try dig up anything we can about mermaids and stuff- but keep this on the lowdown." You three fist bump and scatter, it was time to begin phase 1 of plan D.