Chapter 11: If

Freen's POV

After the elevator difficulty, I've been thinking a lot about what Beck meant to say. From that moment, I kept an eye on how she treated me. As usual, she behaves the same way as before, except she always has an excuse to touch me.

I am saying that the Beck from five years ago was less clingy than today's Beck. She likes to lean closer to me if I pay attention to her body language. I don't know if she also did this to everyone else or not, but that doesn't help to make me feel relaxed.

As far as I know, when a girl likes me, they always make skin contact with me and makes certain expressions that could make my heart flutter. Even though this action makes me bashful, I appreciate it so much that they are open about their emotions.

Indeed, there were times when she indirectly implied that she had a good time whenever she was with me. Sometimes, there were also moments when she seemed nervous but laughed it off awkwardly every time she looked into my eyes. And when we're in a group of friends, there was never a time when we separated from one another apart, except when I had a girlfriend.

Just the way she acted reminded me of my previous girlfriends I dated. She holds my hand, rests on my shoulder now and then, plays with my hair, and caresses my face whenever she feels like doing it. Overall, she likes to touch me, and I thought her action was normal for best friends. If I am being honest, I still do think it's normal as what other people known it as a platonic relationship.

She always sticks up for me throughout my issues and will be there to have my back. It is one of the traits I like about her and the behaviour I want my future lover to have. Is it possible that the feeling of both best friends develop into something more?

"But why won't she make a move if she's into me?" I thought to myself. I reached up to her on the bed whilst she was resting and asked indirectly about her love life.

"Beck, have you ever been in a relationship with a girl?" I addressed her experience with a girl.

"I don't think so. No," Beck replied by giving a strange look. Am I making it awkward by asking her this question? I'm not 100% sure if I should be direct about it and ask about her feeling.

As I take a deep breath, I begin to continue asking her one last question before I embarrass myself in front of Beck. "Do you like someone right now?" I questioned.

Sometimes when you asked, the person usually gave you the answer you wanted to hear. In the case of Beck, she was surprised by the sudden pop quiz I asked for. So, I put her mind at rest when I told her not to answer it if she was not ready to tell me how she felt.

But her being a strong-willed girl, she answered with no doubt, "Yes, I like someone. Is it that obvious?" She then goes back to her shy mode, lowkey smirking at me.

At that moment, I turned red at this girl's behaviour. Immediately, I found an excuse to escape her sight and said good night. One reason may be that I didn't want to go any further from hearing her answer if I found out who she really likes.

"Have a good dream, my girl," she said and cuddled me.

I still in my own thought, "What if she liked me?"

"Hmm, probably not." The other side of me belittled myself.