Chapter 14

Moon

My body felt heavy... I tried to move, but I was too tired. I opened my eyes and above me saw an electric blue sky. Eventually, managed to get up from the bed, just to realize that my room had become a really big balcony, behind me, there was just a plain, white, stone brick wall, but it was so tall I couldn't see its end.

I turned around, confused, and found myself in front of a silhouette that seemed familiar. I started walking towards him, but every step felt more difficult. As I progressed, everything around me began to get darker; the wind picked up and my hair got into my face, preventing me from seeing where I was going. I was getting closer and closer to the figure lying leaning on the railing of that huge balcony. When I was already a few simple steps away from him, the boy turned to look at me, his smile was kind and I was clear that I knew him since when I looked at him a strange feeling of warmth in my heart flooded me. But for some reason I wasn't able to recognize him. The boy stretched out his hand, offering to take it; so I did. I took his hand and in that moment, a lightning struck just behind us, causing a great rumble and an almost blinding light. The lightning made the ground tremble, causing me to fall to the ground. Confused and stunned, I got up, shaking my clothes from the dust, and looked straight ahead again, finding that the boy was no longer there and in front of me was a raging ocean with a horrible storm over it.

-Moon!

I heard a voice screaming my name, but didn't see anyone. I looked into the water, terrified, trying to see something among the immense waves, but it was impossible. A horrible feeling of pressure began to be created in my chest and it was increasingly difficult for me to breathe.

-Moon, please, help me! -Again the same voice.

-I don't know where you are! I don't see you! -I screamed, looking everywhere, trying to find the person calling me.

Another lightning bolt crossed the ocean and out of nowhere, Calum appeared down there, trying to stay on the surface and not be eaten by the waves. My heart shrank as I saw him there and my tears began to fall instantly. I tried to scream again, to communicate with him, but the words didn't come out of my mouth.  In a moment of despair, in which my sight was increasingly clouded by the tears and incessant rain that fell on me, I jumped into the ocean. I tried to swim, fight the current, but it was almost as if something held me so I couldn't move. Desperate, terrified and feeling a great pain in my chest, I sobbed his name one last time before I began to sink into that sea that engulfed me more and more with each movement. I was trapped.

I was sinking more and more and more and more... But that sea seemed to be bottomless. I tried to shout his name again one last time, but all that came out of my mouth were bubbles, drowning out any of the sounds I could make. Until suddenly I heard a whisper, a crisp voice saying:

-Wake up.

And I opened my eyes, feeling like I couldn't breathe, I started coughing, trying to get some oxygen to my lungs. I was crying uncontrollably and pain on my chest just made it worse.

When I managed to stabilize myself a little, the rays of sun that entered through the window of my room hit me directly in the eyes, causing a sharp sensation in my head and making me feel dizzy. I tried to get out of the bed, but my legs felt weak. Every single part of my body hurt but mostly my head, that was the worse headache I had in a really long time. Eventually, I managed to stand up, leaning on the bedside table as not to fall, but the moment I was completely incorporated, I felt a great nausea accompanied by an arcade. I drew strength from where I didn't have it and ran to the bathroom, where lying on the floor next to the toilet bowl I felt as if I was expelling everything inside me. I felt terrible and after emptying myself up, that horrible bitter taste had stayed in my mouth. My discomfort had increased, but after sitting on the bathroom floor for a while, trying to calm down, I got up and stood in front of the sink, where I rinsed my mouth and washed my face before looking in the mirror.