Chapter one

Her heart was racing widely and the wind slaps harshly against her face as she ran.

Beauty without brain doesn't work in this stuff ma.
She could still hear Senior Chioma's voice ringing in her head. She bite her inner cheek so hard that she could taste her own blood.

but you see Cassandra, she is a definition of beauty with Brain. I'm sure she would make our hostel proud.

That bitch!
That Fucking bitch!
She thought aloud and increased her pace. Indeed senior Chioma had won by her statement and she felt so angry that she was right. Her mind was so occupied with the anger dancing in it that she ran straight into a hard surface. She felt strong hands wrapped round her waist steadying her from falling on her butt.

This is definitely not a wall.
She thought with her face still against the hard surface that radiates warmth.

She looked up.

Yes it's definitely not a wall.
She thought as she allowed herself get lost in the dark eyes of the hot Emmanuel Bassey. Her eyes trailed down the tiny and almost invisible freckles that designed his dark skin. She caught his mouth moving but didn't understand what he was saying, it felt like every single teenage hormones in her body became active all of a sudden.

Hmm he smells like mint
She thought and lean in further.
Like a lightening, her senses were knocked back into her head and she immediately pushed him away from her.
"Get your hands off me you pervert!" She blunt out before thinking.

An annoyed frown immediately appeared on his forehead.
"What did you say?" He asked daring her to repeat her self.

"Why were you holding me?" She asked rudely.
"Infact! Don't you have eyes? Or do you have a bad eye sight? Or perhaps you were intentionally standing there so that I would bump into you and it will serve you and opportunity to touch me. Isn't that what you perverted minded boys are always up to." She said with her arms crossed against her breast and her left hip tucked out. He looked at her in disbelief.

"You must be really out of your mind. So that is how you return your gratitude. Me a pervert?
An opportunity to hold you would actually be a very stupid and useless one, I rather hold a pig. "
"I would have actually let you fall to your ass, maybe that would have knock some sense into you, because I can clearly see you've lost yours or maybe, who knows if you were even born with one. And besides it was obvious it was you that was taking advantage of the moment to hold me with the way you were clinging on me." She gasped. Her blood boiled with anger and she glared at him speechless, a satisfied smirk slowly curled on his lips at her reaction.

"F**k you!" She screamed and angrily walked away showing him her middle finger.

"Well I would have let you, but you know, you're not my type not even close." He said the smirk on his face widened as he watched her face turned red in anger.

"You mother f**ker." She cursed, bent down and pick a stone and flung it at him. She cursed when he dodged it and watch in annoyance at his retreating figure.

He managed to fuel her anger.

She let out an angry groan, angrily stumping her foot as she walk. Until now she haven't noticed she was in the class block. She made her way towards the S S S2 block, violently kicking a stone out of her path as she swore under her breath, smoke was literally coming out of her ears. She pictured the stairs as Emmanuel's head as she stumped really hard on it.

"Geez! Easy girl before you pull down this building." A light skinned curvy girl wearing a really short blue day wear Chuckled. Amanda didn't feel like talking to anyone at the same wanted to let out her frustration, but it was definitely not Quinn she will do that with.

Quinn was that one girl who parents warn their son of. She started the school in S S S1 and soon became the reason for broken relationships. With her banging physique, she managed to draw the guys attention. She was wild and always got into trouble especially with the seniors girls. Apart from the fact that she was Cassandra's biggest rival Amanda didn't know any other thing about Quinn. Due to her being Cassandra cousin and also they were both not in the same hostel they were not really friends and haven't had a serious conversation before. And for some reason her best friend Uyai didn't like Quinn for reasons best known to her and warned Amanda to stay away from her.

Quinn pulled out a stick of cigarettes, Amanda watched in amazement as she light the stick with no fear that the security guards could walk on them at anytime.

"Let me guess." Quinn said taking a puff of smoke from her cigarettes.

"Your shit face cousin, the queen of coast."Quinn chuckled, her voice dripping with mock and Amanda found her self chuckling along with her.

"How are you so sure it's her." Amanda asked settling on one of the stairs.

"Well darling, news travels fast."Quinn said exhaling a puff of smoke. Amanda looked at her confused.

"What news?" She asked.

"That you were rejected from participating in the school common wealth competition?" Quinn said, more like a question than a statement. Amanda's face fell and her heart tighten with hate.

"Want some?" Quinn asked stretching forth a stick of cigarettes towards Amanda.

"No thanks, I don't smoke."Amanda said declining her present, Quinn shrugs.

"Aren't you scared of being caught?" Amanda asked after a moment of comfortable silent. Quinn sniggered.

"Not like they would be able to." She responded with a sly smirk. Amanda narrowed her eyes at her, for a moment she wondered why Quinn decided to start a conversation with her despite her rivalry with her cousin.

Amanda didn't know how long she sat there talking to Quinn, but it felt amazing to her. For the first time in her life she was talking with someone whom she shared so much in common with. Quinn was so different from Uyai and never for once judged her the way Uyai did.

"So you and Bassey huh?" Quinn asked.

"You saw that?" Amanda asked a bit embarrassed.

"Ehem na, you guys were getting cozy with each other." Quinn smirked.

"Abeg don't repeat that twice, which one is ' we were getting cozy ' cozy gịnị" Quinn burst out laughing at her outburst, Amanda glared at her

"Abeg it's not funny." Amanda said with a frown but soon gave in to the contagious laughter of Quinn.

They all of a sudden went still when they heard deep voices and sound of feet climbing up the stairs.

"Oh my God! Is that not the security guards?" Amanda panicked.

Thanks for reading, please do comments on your thoughts on this chapter. And don't forget to vote.
Lots of love from Rexi ❤️ oxoxox.