ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

At the stroke of 5, the tranquility within the house was shattered as the bustling sounds of servants filled the air, diligently carrying out their tasks and making preparations for their employers. Meanwhile, Cale Henituse remained sprawled on his bed, fixating his vacant stare on the ceiling and occasionally blinking to prevent his eyes from becoming dry.

It's ridiculous

He couldn't escape the repeated echo of the word "ridiculous" in his mind as he struggled to comprehend the reality of his difficult predicament.

Why me?

The question that continually arose in Cale's mind.

Certainly, he may be the sole remaining human survivor, but is it truly what he desires?

Never wished for it

Was he glad to regress?

Never felt a single positive energy over this

Does he want this chance?

Never and will ever

Is he mentally healthy to survive?

..... logically speaking, this is full of bull-

What does he want?

Eternal Rest

As this situation and the logic behind it has already been labeled as "ridiculous", Cale didn't bother to come up with explanations to support whatever otherworldly phenomena is taking place.

He, currently, is too tired to think and too numb to even give a single energy to take action. Even the simple act of breathing has become challenging, with his chest burdened by an unprecedented weight.

Cale has now gained a profound understanding of the essence of laziness, whether it is characterized by a lack of motivation to move or the incapacity of the mind to command the body into action. In either case, he finds himself fatigued and immobilized.

Yet, as soon as the clock struck 6, Cale's heightened senses, honed over nearly three decades of living amidst battle, involuntarily surged into action.

Footsteps couldn't be heard, but the familiar presence helped Cale identify who entered his room.

It was his Butler, ever since he was merely a child, Ron.

Rejection instantly filled his small body. He didn't want to meet him.

He doesn't want to see him!

And that smell of lemon and iron coming from his Butler brings him a strong urge to jump off his bed and take off, away from the said man.

Ron slowly crept towards the oversized bed, where he could only see the head of his Master as his whole body is covered by the blanket.

Ron was surprised to see his Master or he'd rather call, Young Master awake this early in the morning

Cale's body stiffened as he detected the faint sound of Ron's breathing, so subtle that he had to concentrate to perceive it.

Ron felt a bit of sympathy for this Puppy Young Master of his.

He must've had a nightmare.

For he could understand as it was only yesterday when the Countess, Cale's Mother, was found dead in the vicinity of Harris Village.

(A/N: I changed things a bit, originally Cale was supposed to be 8 when Jour died but here, he's currently 10)

"Greetings Young Master, it's time to wake up as the County will hold the funeral for the Countess by Eight. Please have your morning milk while this servant, Ron, prepare your bath"