5

A murmur of an exhausted sigh by you went unnoticed by your three best friends as you had said it under your breath. Although just because they didn't hear you say anything, that didn't necessarily mean they missed the way a frown was set upon your lips.

"What's the matter, babe?" Yeri tilted her head at you from her seat across from you at her apartment's living room.

The other two in the room leaned forward slightly, waiting as they observed your tight expression, lips parting as if to speak, but only to clamp shut and not say anything in the end.

"Oh honey, none of that," Yeonjun took two large strides from the recliner seat he was on and made himself comfortable beside you before wrapping an arm around your shoulders to bring you flushed against his side. "You never let us go when something is on our minds so of course it goes for you too. Now what kind of thoughts are running in your head that got you frowning and giving you worry lines on your pretty face like that?"

When you tried to deny his words, Changbin shook his head at you, shutting down your poor attempt. "C'mon, it's us. We're always going to be here for you — and each other. We've gotten this far, ain't nothing that can separate us four at this point."

You shot the three of them an exasperated smile, finally relaxing against Yeonjun's embrace before explaining.

"My recital is next Friday night and I have no idea what's going on with me but for the past few days of me practicing, it hasn't been my best moments. Like, I... I can't focus — at all — and I don't know what to do because I don't know why this is happening because it's never happened to me before and I'm panicking because this is going to be such an important recital and— and—!"

Changbin rushed to your other side that was not being occupied by anyone, instantly cupping your face gently with his hands to make you look at him.

"Breathe Y/N, it's going to be okay. Just breathe. Breathe with me," He instructed, taking a deep breath and holding it in shortly before exhaling it, repeating the actions as he silently watched you follow hesitantly and shakily — but you were copying — and soon, your heart rate had slowed down and so has your uneven breaths. "There we go. Good job, it's okay, you're okay. You're going to be okay."

Yeri slowly kneeled down in front of you and as soon as both boys on either side of you loosened their hold on you, you fell forward into her awaiting arms, just sinking into the soothing warmth she was radiating, making you let out a sigh of relief as she caressed your back.

After more beats of silence, you spoke in a whisper, but because it was so quiet — the three in such close proximity as they made no sound and simply waiting patiently until you were okay — they heard you easily.

"...There's something tugging at my heart and mind and it just always, always, pulls me out of focus when I'm trying so hard to concentrate and play the damn violin. It's not even just when I try and play! Occasionally, it's been happening at night or maybe during the day, doesn't matter what I'm doing. It just happens. And I'm so lost because there's nothing in any of the books I've read or website I've searched on. It's frustrating and I just want it to stop! Or at least know what's causing this!"

With you still collapsed and held in Yeri's arms, their concerned and sympathetic glances with each other both figuratively and literally went over your head.

"Like my empath ability isn't already more than enough. Now there's something else tugging at my heart and mind." You buried yourself further into your friend's arms, her responding by tightening her grip on you.

Your friends were quiet, not knowing what to say to that seeing as how they were just as clueless to whatever you were and have been experiencing like you and they all had mirroring expressions of disappointed frowns because of it. They didn't know what to say or do to help you. Guilt started to swallow their thoughts until you hugged Yeri, moving onto Changbin, then finally to Yeonjun before lying back to the backseat of the couch, a small but very grateful smile playing at your lips.