elena part 2

- Elenas pov - 

We head downstairs where she says my room is too. First we get into a hallway where one of the walls are lined with books «we have a lot of books that are scattered in different places. You are free to read but I would like it if you came to me so I can see what book it is before you read it. There are adult books here that's not appropriate for kids, so we just want to make sure it's appropriate for you age» she says, and I nod. I actually love to read, and this house is filled with books everywhere. 

There is also a reading nook here where there is a window bench with windows overlocking the city is as well as bookcases on the sides leading up to it. 

«This is the playroom» she says as we head into a big room making me gasp. «You can actually access this room from upstairs too in one of the doors and come in on the second floor» she tells me that at the top there is a cool circle to read in and a wall lined with toys and kids' books. «The books here are books that has big letters so the twins can work on reading. But you're free to read those too. There are a lot of fairytales, barbie books, truck and science books for kids and more» 

Here in the downstairs area, there is a slide leading from upstairs, ropes to climb, a table to draw, things to sit on and a big TV. It looks like a playground inside. I've never seen a slide inside before, it so cool. I'm in awe of everything I've seen so far, and I can't believe I'm in here at all, it's insane. 

The next room is behind a sliding door and obviously a home gym but it's so big and I see there is another terrace at the end of the room. «This room has a bunch of exercise things. I don't know how you are with those so to start with, if you want to use it, I would appreciate if you got me or Joe so we can be here with you. It's for safety because the weights are heavy, and I don't want you to get hurt on any of the machines. But if you just want to use the ballet barre, the yoga mats or balls you are free to do it on your own if you want» 

We continue to the next room which make me gasp, it's a freaking climbing wall inside a house with a foam pit below it. «This is one of the kids' favorite rooms because they are pretty active. We had this made when we renovated the house because they have always climbed on things and it made me nervous, so I made a place where you can do it safely» she says. In front of it there are two soccer nets, a cupped where I assume there are balls and then there are basketball hoops above the soccer nets. She tells me that the walkway I see over the foam pit has monkey bars bellow it and is upstairs connecting a door with the playroom. I've always wanted to go climbing, but first of all I'm scared of heights, but I've never had access. 

Next, we enter a room that smells of chlorine and I gasp. It's a long pool inside their apartment. A freaking pool with an incredible view of the city. This is insane. «I don't know if you can swim Elena, if you can't swim, we will get you some lessons so you can be safe in water» she says, and I tell her that I can swim because I learned it in school. but she does say that they don't want me in here alone, again for safety reasons. I don't understand why they are so concerned with my safety; no one has really cared about that before. Why would they care so much about that when I'm not even their kid? 

This room is Lillys room. Her name is actually Lilliana, but she likes to be called Lilly» she says as we enter a bedroom that's sophisticated, it looks like a princess could live here. «How old is she» I finally ask a question. «Oh, I forgot to tell you that. She is fifteen and a half. Yours and her room are down here so you have some more privacy from the twins» she says, and I nod again. Lillys room is such a pretty color, I don't know what it's called but I really like it. And her bed looks so soft, like a cloud. 

«This is your room» she says about the room across from Lillys. They put my initial on the door because she said she wanted to make it easier for me to find it. «We didn't know what you liked and didn't have that much time to prepare. We can change whatever you like or what doesnt fit you. I went with a muted color scheme» she says and I can't believe she wants this to be my room. It's a huge bed, I've never slept in a bed that big before. One place I lived I had an air mattress, but most places I got a tiny and uncomfortable bed which I got used to pretty quickly. It did make my back pain a lot worse though which sucks. This room is so elegant, has a desk where I can do my homework, a vanity which I don't know what I will top with and has a lot of space. «I... are you sure this is my room... it's so big... and looks expensive» I didn't mean to say the last thing because it probably made her regret giving it to me.