Who are you?!

(Started September 17, 2022)

Y/N  L/N

The toll of the bell bounced through the house as my mom, and I were having supper. I assumed it was a traveling agent. My mother went to look out the peephole as i asked her if there was any extra rice, she shushed me and cracked the door leaving the chain lock in place she sassily asked the intruder "why are you knocking on the door to my house while i am eating dinner".

"Mamm, can we come inside" a posh masculine accent asked.''

Even from the small table i saw the confused 'why are you here and why do you want to come in my house look,' my mom started to say

"Well, I am sure you have the wrong house. I haven't done anything, I'm not in violation of these new laws ".

My mom started to ramble something I noticed she does when she is nervous when the door slams fully open, breaking the chain lock. I gasp in surprise. My mom stumbles back a few steps, almost tripping. I discovered there were three people at the door, not just one, and they all looked like they were from the college a couple blocks away. The attacker in the center lifts up his hoodie to pull a gun out of the holster and methodically wraps his hand around the gun with precision and lifts the gun aimed at my mother's head and without second thought fires without feeling the kick-back as my mother crumples to the floor.

I without a second thought start running toward her then the guy with the gun lowers the gun, aiming it not quite towards the center, not quite to the left. Where I know the heart to be, and he shoots but it feels like time is slowed maybe it is I don't know. I am mid step when I see the flash of light encompassing his stupid features with his stupid basketball shorts around and his stupid hoodie and his stupid beanie then I hear screaming I don't know who it is I have a vague idea it might be me, I only have eyes for my mother. I see the bullet traveling into her I know it will hit its mark I also hear the gunshot echoing through my brain a million times.

 I see the bullet piercing through my mother's shirt almost instantly the blood forming a crimson circle I finally reach her looking at her face, the one that I was eating dinner with not two minutes ago now with a large dent in it and a hole and blood trailing down her face I see her and try even though it's pointless to stop the blood flow putting my tiny eight-year-old hands on the wound in her chest like I see people doing on the tv and unsurprisingly nothing happens I watch useless as the linoleum on the floor as the light fades from my mom's eyes.

 I am babbling nonsense about how I don't want her to leave me and how I love her and what I should do when she goes my mom the once lively woman sits lifeless on the floors of the apartment only then do I remember there's people in my house I turn towards the three of the intruders looking stunned, like they expected her to be alone once the three of them share a glance the one on the left starts to grab his gun followed by the one on the right I leap out of the way shortly before the first one hits right where I was sitting I think about anything I could do to help myself.

I levitate the knife that was in the sink lifting then I send it flying towards the man on the right it hits the heart ironically in the same spot my mom had been shot. The man on the left, I simply concentrate really hard and feel the energy in him drain I see it almost like a heat wave floating of his body before he crumples to the ground. 

For the third guy, the one who shot my mom I concentrate really hard on his brain waves and manipulate his body to jerkily tilt the gun towards his face then I feel his fear radiating off him in the split second it takes to angle the gun towards his forehead I feel him wondering how he can escape this if he can turn it back around. once the barrel is on his forehead, he looks away from his arm that was moving against his will and looks down directly into my eyes. I see the perfect clarity he knows he will die, and he knows it will be by his own hand I hesitate to kill him, taking my eyes off him and glancing at my mom's body however, he is smart and takes advantage of this he lunges towards me and the moment I look back at him I subconchesly make the gun go off 

I look away from the man I just killed and instead turn back and kneel by my mom I don't know when I start to cry but the salty liquid is soon mixed with the blood on my face I don't know how long I sit by my mother begging her to come back wondering if there was another way if I could have gotten there before and pushed her out of harm's way or if I could have used my ability to redirect the bullet.

 I don't know when, but I start to form a plan should I get put in an orphanage but then they would know that I did to these men. mom always told me I had to keep it a secret what I could do. telekinesis is what she called it when she contacted one of her friends and brought me in for under the table tests, I found out I was also an empath, a telepath and could manipulate electricity and mind control. I decide I should run away I pack everything I will need and kiss my mother goodbye her forehead already cold under my lips after stepping over the bodies of the intruders I walk outside when I get to the sidewalk in front of my house I turn studying where I grew up and where my story started, I turn around and start my trek into the night 

Kenji Kishimoto

   I watch as my candle burns down and make a mental note of what today is: my sixth month living by myself, since I broke out of the system. I have needed to switch houses several times, but I have been on the run since I escaped from the institution that tried to beat Kids powers out of them. Well honestly, I am about to give up if something doesn't happen soon. I have been on my own since my parents died. I push down the memory.

I move to the crack in the boarded-up window to look out and make sure the coast is clear, careful not to breathe on the window. Then I leave the window as I head out the door to make my nightly rounds. Which is something I have been careful to do since the cops found and almost caught me hiding out in an old lady's shed. I open the door and close it wishing I had the key to lock it I sneak into the woods I enable my shadows and round the area around my shelter and I get halfway around the house.

Then I see a girl with her h/c hair matted with blood framing her face I see that she is looking frantically around scanning the distance before her eyes, Before glancing over where I am but then she does a double take, and she starts looking at me not at the face though like the was someone who needs glasses would be able to only see the general blob of your figure, but she looks young possibly younger than me and I decide she is not a threat and turn visible again she startles back as if she was not sure I was there.

Then I see her relax a little maybe because of my age maybe just because she is relieved to find out she's not alone, but I mistrustingly ask

"Who are you?!"

A/N note: hi guys thank you for reading this far this is the first story I have had the confidence to publish and if at one point before you decide to tune out and stop reading if you could give me suggestions on how to make my story better that would be much appreciated and enjoy reading (and please stick around) also do not be a silent reader i love hearing yall's feedback