Content

We all go to bed shortly after that, and even though I was still in my dirty battle clothes, covered in blood and sweat, and still damp from melted snow, I fell asleep instantly

I woke up later than everyone else, and I must admit that I was surprised that everyone except for Adam and James were packing up (or in my case, going with the clothes on my back because everything I owned has been blasted to smithereens), but in my defense, if you had just discovered your home and most of the people in it had been killed or tortured, you would probably be a little spacy too.

I am a little surprised when Warner pulls up in a tank and gestures for us to climb in. Everyone except Castle sits in the very back, as far away from Warner as they can get. And when it is my turn to climb in, Warner stops me before I can

"Leave the weapons."

No," I scoff.

"Then have fun staying here."

Fine," I say, stubbornness taking over.

"What no!" Kenji says.

"You said that we could remain armed," Kenji argues on my behalf.

"The rest of you can, but not her."

"Why not me?"

"I still have a bullet hole in my side because of you!"

"It barely scratched you." Kenji defends me.

Yeah, next time I won't miss," I say, glaring at Warner.

"You really are not helping your case, Y/N."

They argue a little bit more before I roll my eyes and go:

"Fine." Then I watch as ten pairs of eyes watch me take three small handguns, two knives, and a chain garrote from increasingly more random places.

Warner simply sighs as if I am making him run late for something.

"Everything, please; I do not have all day."

I take a pair of brass knuckles and a small push dagger from my shoes and a little folding knife from my bra. I still have more shit on me, but I am not going to let him know that.

"Anything else, or are you done humiliating me?" I ask him.

He ignores me, and much to my dismay, when I get in the tank, the only seat left is the one next to him. After a few seconds of silence, Ian says

"Since nobody else is going to say it, I guess I have to."

"Damm Y/N, that was hot." I give a little mock bow around my group of friends (that doesn't really work because I am sitting) and everyone claps and whistles except for Castle, who is intentionally tuning us out, and Kenji, who is looking at the floor with a slight blush dusting his cheeks. 

"Can you all please shut up?" Warner commands

Oh, don't worry, Blondie, I won't shoot you again."

"Like you could."

Yeah, you are right. I have more efficient ways of killing you."

For the first time, it occurs to him that I could have a power, and I see him avert my eyes and focus on the road. I can practically smell his fear. The rest of the ride goes by uneventfully. When we get to where we are going, I am not expecting much. Maybe a space a little larger than Adam's house, but I am unprepared for what we walk into. It's a very large room with all kinds of exercise equipment. I recognize some things, of course, but most of it is a mystery to me. There is a rock-climbing wall, but the coolest looking thing is the wall of guns that all look expensive and newly polished.