part 7

Sarah heard Lily scream and she stood abruptly to head towards the door. As she reached the hallway she was knocked back by the force of a person. She stumbled back a little but she was okay.

As her eyes rose she was already speaking. "What the fuck do you-" she stopped.

"Hey babe! I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you."

Zach leaned against the wall with his arms folded and a pissy look on his face, as if he were waiting for an explanation.

Lily came walking in also with a pissy expression. "That was real fucking rude coming into a house you don't even know."

Sarah was watching her. God she's so cute when she's mad. You kinda almost can't take her seriously.

"How long Sarah? Hm? How long?" Zach tapped his foot and glared at her.

Sarah looked towards him playing dumb. "Zach what are you talking about?" She walked towards him and reached her arms out.

Zach pulled back and tried to slap her arms away. "I fucking saw you kissing her! Like two seconds ago. How long!"

Lily looked at him stunned and she ran out of the room crying. Sarah wanted to go after her but she had to deal with zach first.

"Real fuckin smooth Zach. You couldn't just be calm? Or ya know, happy for me? Why are you acting so fucking jealous?!" Sarah blared.

Zach laughed. "You don't get it. I'm your best friend. And you didn't tell me you were dating someone. Let alone a woman. You really think I would be the one to care? I'm hurt that you didn't tell me."

"Zach we weren't telling anyone. That was our decision. We wanted to just be us for a little while. But I guess the cats outta the bag now." Sarah looked towards the bedroom and she could heat lily crying. She felt so bad. When she looked back Zach was already almost out the door.

"Wait! Where are you going?!" Sarah called.

"I'm going home." He called back. "I got the answer I want. Love you!"

God Sarah hated the fact he was a fucking asshole sometimes. But what can she do? That is her best friend.

After the door closed she walked into the bedroom and lay next to lily who cried herself to sleep. Sarah took hers and Lily's shoes off and she moved a blanket ontop of her and scooted close to lily. She kissed Lily's cheek and held her close. She wanted lily to feel safe if she woke up during the night.

Sarah watched lily sleep for a few more minutes and then felt herself falling asleep as well. So she gave in and closed her eyes.