Chapter 1

Running through the woods, she tries not to look back. She didn't want to see who was following her. She didn't want to be like the stupid girls in horror movies who always trip and fall and end up dead.
She didn't want that. All she could think of was finding her way back to town. How far into the woods did she go? She'd forgotten how long she had been running. 5 minutes? 10 minutes? An hour?
Out of breath, she finally sees light. She speeds up in excitement. She starts to make out houses, shops, city hall, and at the end of the road the town's police station.
Why is the light off? The police station should never be closed. Finally, she looks back at the man who has been chasing her for as long as she can remember. A man in an all black turtleneck, jeans, black gloves, a beanie, and...oh god. What's that in his hand? A knife? A wrench? Who cares what it is, it's not going to give her a blessing.
Slowly the man is getting closer. Inch by inch. Screaming gibberish no one would ever be able to understand. I sounded like her name, it didn't sound human though. Why does this keep happening to her? Ever since she moved into this house. The house surrounded by wood. The house she didn't want to live in. Why did her parents make her live here? Especially after the stories.