Chapter 3: Two in One

Previously...

hmm? what was I thinking again?'

'Hmm... nevermind. I'm sleepy'

Slowly, his two consciousness are merging into one.

He felt like he has experienced this before...
But he can't remember it...
It feels like he's forgetting something...
Something very important...

Then the sleepiness consumed him.

Meanwhile...

In some universe inside a bookstore, you can see a black haired child with eyeglasses silently sitting in the corner holding a novel carefully afraid they might damage it.

"Hey, kid..."

A silver haired man with tanned skin quietly called the child who is silently reading a book.

The said child raised his head and met God of Death's gaze who is smiling at him softly. The child have an uncanny resemblance to our dear Kim Rok Soo's beloved that is lying defenseless on a hospital bed.

The child looked at God of Death warily while clenching the novel he was reading.

"I need to return you to where you belong child."

His grip on the book suddenly lessened.

"He's waiting for you."

_________________________

A moment ago when Kim Dokja is still having flashbacks...

Kim Rok Soo wakes up in a black void being bombarded by a massive amount of both unfamiliar and familiar memories accompanied by a sharp throbbing pain in the head.

"Hyung! Are you hurt again? Why can't those people just leave you alone?"

"I'm fine Dokja-ya, did your classmates bully you again?"

"Mhm, but I just ignored them."

Kim Rok Soo patted the child with doe eyes and responded, " don't worry we will pay them back a hundred times in return."
____

"Rok Soo-ya! Call me hyung!"

"We were born on the same day tho?"

"But I was born on the morning so obviously I'm older. That's why call me hyung!"

Kim Rok Soo just rolled his eyes on his subordinates antics.

Two separated vague memories are overlapping each other and is currently recurring in his head.

Opening his eyes slowly, he is experiencing jamais vu on what he is witnessing.

(Jamais vu- the experience of being unfamiliar with a person or situation that is actually very familiar; associated with certain types of epilepsy. type of: confusedness, confusion, disarray, mental confusion, muddiness.)

'Wha- Where am I?'

He scanned the surrounding he is in and notice that he could only look around and can't move the 'body' he possessed.

"Kim Rok Soo!"

The body jerked his head toward the one who called him. He could hear a man's voice, a man with his sword raised above his head was standing in front of him.

Kim Rok Soo could also see a large monster coming out of the ground, making it seem as if the world was covered in darkness and fire. Numerous other monsters that seemed to be the large monster's subordinates were next to it.