A SUN THAT NEVER SETS

"THIS DAY IS PRINTED IN MY MEMORY:
THE MOON, THE STARS,
AND YOU."

"'Cause there's something about it that brings me to life/
Yeah, I know all the consequences, I don't mind/
This holy redemption tears us in two/
But I can't turn my back to you."
Queen of the Night, Hey Violet

"We were young we were innocent/
那時年少輕狂的我們/
反方向地奔跑著/
和成人世界抗爭/
Hate that we grew up so fast."
("Those days when we were young and reckless/
Going against the currents/
Fighting against the world of adulthood.")
Fever,  Jasmine Sokko

SYNOPSIS

After one year at Bridewater College, Honoria Song likes to consider herself a veteran. She still has the same goals, but she's grown up a lot in the past year. Through thick and thin, though, she's made it, and this year was only going to be worse.

The year for relaxation is over. In a matter of months she'd have her JCMs, and she'd be a liar if she said she wasn't terrified. But either way, she knew what she had to do. She couldn't stress herself out like she did last year. She couldn't fuck up again, or she'd be out of chances. Which is why she agreed to a tutoring deal with her (maybe) worst enemy Theodore Yu, despite his best friend Sebastian Hong still holding a grudge against her.

But that's not the only thing going on. Between her best friend Yunji's attempts to raise her own confidence and move on from a longtime crush; Adelina, James and his new girlfriend's not-really-love-triangle love triangle; not to mention Nadia Sorren's sudden increasing friendliness despite all the hostility last year, it's a lot of things to deal with on the year one with the most important exams of your life.

But it would all work out in the end. Honoria was sure of it. With exams, the Duelling Club, and friendship drama happening all at once, what wasn't to love at Bridewater College?

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HELLO HELLO welcome to the sequel of we smiled at the moon, which was my summer project. but unlike that, this book will most likely be published as i write, so updates will be a lot more irregular, especially since (much like honoria) i have my gcses next year, and actually do need to prepare for it. therefore, updates are likely to come around once or twice a week maximum.

much like wsatm, astns is a slice-of-life kind of boarding school/ya fantasy story without any baddies and monsters. it's heavily inspired by my own experiences at boarding school, with some of the events in the story having actually happened to me in real life.

in wsatm many of the characters had very obvious flaws, and this is the book where they all start growing up!! it'll be really fun to write and hopefully to read as well, for those of you ready to return to the world of bridewater and all its crazy rich kid drama :)

i hope you all enjoy the read!!

COMPLETED.
(began: 12/8/2022
completed: 23/11/2022)