Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

            “Lexie Grey, Lexie grey, how is your day?” I hear a voice which instantly brings a smile to my face.

            “Do you really wanna know?” I reply a bit teasingly as I turn to look at Mark who was also down in the ER.

            “Yes, I wanna know if you’re up for dinner at Camparos tonight.” He asks before we walk into a room just to see a patient bleeding horribly after a car crash.

            “Tyler! Please be okay!” A woman, about the age of 17, yells out as she stands by the door with shock on her face.

            “Ma’am, you can’t be in here.” I tell her as I help the other doctors with the patient.

            “That’s my boyfriend.” The woman tells us as she starts crying a bit,

            “I-I-I don’t even know what happened.” I turn to a nurse and hint at the door.

            “Okay, we’re doing everything we can. But you can’t be in here.” The woman nods as the nurse escorts her out of the room.

            “Okay, he’s flat lining, charge to 300.” I hear Dr. Hunt yell out as he’s handed the paddles. He places them onto the patient’s chest and yells, “Clear!” Everyone removes their hands quickly away before the electricity jolts the patient’s body and he stabilizes.

            “Okay, we need to get him to an OR, NOW!” Dr. Hunt yells as we all head out the door and rush him into surgery.

            Later that day, I had met up with Mark again while on the elevator heading to neuro.

            “So, you never answered my question.” I look up at him.

            “What question?”

            “Are you in the mood for Camparos tonight? I got us a reservation.” I look at him and smile,

            “Oh, I don’t know Dr. Sloan. I don’t know if my husband would like me going on a date with another man. Especially a good-looking doctor like yourself.” I tease him.

            “Mhm. Then maybe he doesn’t have to know.” He teases back before leaning close to kiss me.

            “I think I’m in the mood for that.” I say before kissing him back.

            “It’ll remind me of the time you met my dad for the first time.” Mark thought about it for a bit and nodded,

            “Oh yes. I remember that. You were so gorgeous and you still are.” I giggled softly as the doors opened.

            “This is my stop, I’ll see you tonight.”

            “You always will.” I say as he gets out. Once the elevator gets to my floor, I get out and head to work.

            “Have you told him yet?” I jump a bit startled by the sudden voice. I turn to look and see Derek.

            “The patient?” I question him unsure of what he was talking about.

            “No. Mark.” I raise my eyebrow,

            “Since when do you like to be my big brother while at work?” He holds up a patient’s chart and we start to head to the room.