Chapter Two: Twins?!

"Two?!"McGonnigal  whisper-shouted, "B-but I thought you said that it was just Harry who survived! Not two! And since when did Lilly and James have two children?  Anyway, they can't be related very closely, I mean, one looks like James but has Lilly's eyes and the other one, is the spitting image of Lilly but has the exact same eyes as James!" Once she was finished, Albus smirked. It was not every day, you would see Minerva McGonnigal have a meltdown. 

"Where will they be stay'n Professor?" Hagrid asked, "I hope it is a good home for 'em." He continued caringly.

 "In reply to Minerva, yes two survived. As I tried to explain earlier, these two are twins. However James and Lilly kept Emma quiet from the crowd so as not to gain unwanted attention from Voldemort. Harry and Emma used their love for each other and the love from their dead mother to repel Voldemorts spell and keep him at bay. In answer to your question, Hagrid, this is where Harry will be staying. Number 4 Privet Drive."

"Harry?" Hagrid said quizzically, "What about Emma? She needs a home too!" With stormy eyes, Hagrid challenged Dumbledore to answer his question. "Emma, my dear friend," Dumbledore started, "Will be staying at an orphanage." Professor McGonnigal's eyes shot up and she suddenly looked a whole lot like a tiger. She seemed even more cat-like than normal. "Emma and Harry must not be separated Albus! They need each other to survive. Why must Emma be sent away?" Dumbledore sighed and looked away. He took a deep breath, composed himself and said, " Voldemort never knew about Emma. Yes she got a scar just like Harry's and yes she helped defeat him for the time being but he never realised she existed. If they were to live together they would both be in jeopardy. It is the safest option to send her away. They shall never know of each other's existence." 

It had started raining, perfectly reflecting McGonnigals mood. She was glaring daggers at Albus. However, there was no point in arguing. The two children were holding hands not knowing that they were about to be separated for years and years. 

"Hand me the letters, Hagrid." Dumbledore requested holding out his hand, waiting for movement. "No." Hagrid stood his ground and continued, "Isn't there another way, a different solution so they can stay together? Please Albus." The twins were crying now, they seemed to understand what was about to happen better than assumed. Dumbledore shook his head. Slowly, very, very slowly, Hagrid pulled out a letter and placed it in Albus's hand. Then, with red eyes, he pulled Harry and Emma apart. Giving Harry to Dumbledore and holding Emma close to him. 

Dumbledore carefully placed Harry down on the porch of number 4 Privit Drive and put the letter on his chest. Then, he gave Hagrid the address of the orphanage and disapperated.

"What shall we do Professor?" Hagrid asked McGonnigal. She looked at him and, deadly serious, told him, "Take Emma to the orphanage, get her adopted by someone, and don't ever speak of this again. Or, give Emma to the Dursleys as well, and write a note saying that they aren't related. Harry is Petunias nephew and Emma is a person who needs a home. We must still uphold Dumbledore's wish to keep Emma safe.It is your choice to make Hagrid, choose wisely. Then she was gone.

Hagrid let out a huge, sad, sigh, pulled out a sheet of paper and scribbled something down on it. He gently kissed Emma's forehead and put her down on the other side of the porch from Harry. Tucking the note inside her blanket and mounting his motorcycle to leave.

He took one last look at the twins, before kicking of the ground to leave.