ii

bode sits in the kitchen drawing pictures of keys. as kinsey is just eating in silence little ways from bode.

"want some syrup?" nina asked, placing a plate of pancakes in front of bode as he quickly shuts his journal. "oh, morning milee your up early." nina said, smiling towards milee.

"yeah." milee said.

"yes, please." bode replied.

"duncan's on his way down from boston. so great to have him here to help us get settled. why is everyone so quite today?" nina asked, getting the syrup for bode.

"we're not quite today." bode said.

"okay." nina said, walking towards the counter.

"you don't remember seeing anything...unusual late night?" kinsey asked, turning to nina who's leaning against the counter with a coffee mug in her hand.

"you mean that mirror? the one in bode's room?" yeah. we'll get around to polishing it, but...it's way down on my list." nina replied,  as the door rang. "that's the hardware store delivery." nina said, sighing putting her coffee mug in the sink.

"okay. I've been thinking," kinsey said, standing up from her chair going to sit next to bode. "and maybe what happened last night didn't happen like we think it happened. mold. this house is full of mold and some mold makes people sick, bode. it makes them hallucination. it could explain why mom doesn't remember anything." kinsey said.

"mold makes me sick but I'm hundred precent certain that what I saw was real." milee said.

"the reason why she doesnt remember is because she's a grown up. that's how this stuff always work. only kids can get into narnia. " bode said.

"agreed!" milee said.

"this isn't 'the lion, the witch, and the whatever', guys. this is the real world, why everything makes sense beside you." kinsey said.

"come here." bode said, dragging both of his older sisters to a nearby mirror. bode makes kinsey stand in front of the mirror putting in the key in the key hole that appeared staring at an evil version of herself.

"hey, evil kinsey reflection! are you just a mold hallucination?" bode asked.

"holy shit." kinsey said.

"you were saying?" bode asked, as tyler walked down the stairs.

"what the hell are you doing?" tyler asked, grabbing the key out of the mirror. taking off his bag leaning down to bode's height. "bode, is this the only key you found?" tyler asked.

"yes." bode lied, milee had to hold in her laugh.

"wait! what about the one you took out of my bracelet? the one that you said could take you anywhere in the world? and the one that milee found?" kinsey asked.

"I haven't found what my key does yet." milee replied, shrugging.

"I-i lost it." bode said.

"you just lost a key that could take you anywhere?" kinsey scoffed. "you were so excited about it. I don't get how you could just lost it." kinsey said.

"what he did was a dumb move next time he should give the key to one of us." milee said.

"even more reason not to trust him with this one." tyler said. "that's javi. if you want a ride, we got to go." tyler said, as milee picked her bag up.

"please, please just be normal today. you find any keys, don't touch them." kinsey said, walking out the door.

"have a good day." milee said, patting bode's head before shutting the door.