𝐈𝐈𝐈

╰⋯⋯⋯ ➢

╰⋯⋯⋯ ➢

        𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄. He feebly watered those parsnips, a hand on his side all the while. As much as he hated to admit weakness, he really needed to take it easy. He counted his blessings, thankful that he didn't have any livestock to take care of and ambled into his cabin.

        The cabin was barren. He'd been on the go so much that he never slowed down enough to really survey the interior of his sleeping place. The wood was rotten in some places, just like the community center. Cobwebs hung heavy from the television; he hadn't bothered to turn it on since it arrived. The only thing in that home that wasn't dusty or covered in cobwebs was the bed, which had been visibly slept in. The sheets were vibrant.

        Amos fell into the bed, sleeping until morning.

╰⋯⋯⋯ ➢

        The third day was far better. He was still sore, but felt up to doing more than he did the day before. The parsnips were ready once more, and he picked them and dropped them into the sales bin for Lewis. He headed into town.

        His first stop was into the saloon. Gus introduced himself to him in his own hearty fashion and sold him two cups of coffee. He drank his, and thanked him for the other. This would be a nice gift for the doctor.

        He felt guilty for the way he'd treated the doctor. He wanted to apologize, and thank him for taking time out of his sleep to patch him up. He was the idiot who got himself surrounded by monsters in the mines, and it was no one's fault but his own. He pushed through the door, the coffee warmed his hands through the mug.

        Harvey was sitting behind the counter, looking over the desk clerk's shoulder. Blue-ish light reflected in his glasses as he helped her with something. His brows were furrowed and he was mumbling softly, pointing at places on the screen that she needed to click with a fountain pen. He seemed startled when he realized Amos' presence.

        "Amos!" he said, laughing nervously. "You spooked me. Coming to let me give you that x-ray finally?" he asked, an easy smile on that dorky face of his. Amos blinked.

        "No, I'm fine. I'm far less sore today, so it's not broken anyway. I came to give you this, and an apology for how I acted the other day." Amos slid the cup across the counter, an abashed expression all across his face. 

        Harvey had a wide smile on his face. "This is my favorite stuff!" he exclaimed excitedly. "It's like you read my mind!"

        Amos was a little taken aback by Harvey's reaction. "It's just coffee...?" he said, laughing softly. That was the first time in years that he'd laughed. The noise felt odd in his mouth. He silently wondered just how many gifts Harvey receives.

        "Well, I know, but no one ever thinks to do stuff like this. Besides," his voice dropped. "Coffee is one of my guilty pleasures y'know."

        "Well, I'll have to remember that." Amos said, smiling a bit. There was something about that man that brought happy emotions out in him that he wasn't normally used to feeling. He didn't exactly mind all that much. "Well, I have a couple more errands to run. See you around Doc."

        "Right, you have a farm that you have to take care of." he laughed again, pushing his glasses back up his nose. "Have a good day Amos."

        Amos smiled softly at him and disappeared through the doorway. 

NOTE: hey folks! here's an update finally. sorry for my absence, but i went through a pretty big burnout, but now im just trying to write a bit every day. updates are gonna be slow because this story isn't my first priority (pls check out pennies from heaven i'll love u forever) but i havent forgotten about harvey and amos ! i'll continue to work on it when i have some free time and am ahead on pennies from heaven. with that being said, please don't forget to vote, comment, and drop me a follow ! ily u all and i cant wait to show you what's coming next for my fruity lil farmer <333