Bittersweet

I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid.

I struggle to think logically when I'm panicking, but for instances like this I have no true choice. One wrong move, I lose everything that has never mattered and lose everything that matters to me now. My pride has gotten Kaoir hurt time and time again when she's been saving my life and my soul undeservingly. I have my limits when it comes to what I allow a person to get away with, I'm not always trigger happy. But this called for a war where I would win and Marc's decapitated head would make a beautiful centerpiece at my dining table.

One thing he didn't realize was that I anticipated this day. I've done everything I could to avoid it, but deep down I knew some things just wouldn't prevail. I always have a plan. If I didn't, I wouldn't be where I am today.

"We can't let you go there by yourself. What if he kills the both of you? I can't lose both of my people, then I'd be friendless... And jobless." Gino looked off the side to ponder on his situation.

"Do you truly think I'm that stupid? I won't get myself killed and I won't be alone. Here's what needs to happen. I'll drive myself to Marc's base and enter alone, but I'll keep a mic on me that's small enough to not be felt in case I'm weapon searched. While I'm en route, Luca will stay here and disable his cameras to give you and your squadron time to get there. I'll serve as a distraction for as long as I possibly can and when it's safe to move, Luca will let the both of us know."

"You're really doing all of this to get her back? There's been nothing but trouble since the bitch got here! She tried to kill yo' ass!" Deuce chimes in ad everybody audibly groaned.

I stepped to him with a finger close to his face, feeling the heat rising from my body. "You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. So for once in your pathetic ass story of a life, do your best to act accordingly."

He looked me up and down as if he were sizing me up, but only scoffed. "Yeah, ight. You'll get it soon. When that whore rings you out and leaves you to dry, you'll be begging for my help again. Just like you always do. Guess you and unc' ain't too far off, huh?"

My head jerked back as if I had been punched in the nose. "The fuck you say to me, nigga?" I began to step up to him, but Gino quickly grabbed me and pulled me back to my respective corners. If Deuce didn't know anything else, he knew how to get under somebody's skin without hesitation.

"Kaoir is at Marc's base bleeding out and we don't know how much time we have to fix this shit. Let's not get carried away with side missions." Gino reminded me. With a few heavy puffs of breath, I relaxed myself. I picked up the mic and attached it inside of my shirt before snatching my car keys up.

"Y'all know what to do. I'm out." I rushed out of the door and got into my car, sitting with both hands on the steering wheel. I chewed on my lip, trying to shake my nerves before they consumed me. I don't know if she's alive or not, he could've lied. Whatever it is, Marc will not leave this alive. I bet my life on it.

Shaking off my thoughts, I started the car and sped off not even acknowledging the speed limit. All the way there, I muttered curses under my breath about how I couldn't believe I let this happen, how careless I was, how that bullet could've been for me instead. I had my guard up and still managed to let something as simple as this slip through the cracks. I wouldn't let this go unpunished though and that was a promise.

𓆩♡𓆪

List of things on my bucket list of activities I want to complete before the age of 50:

Go to France
Go into culinary school
Have a kid
Get married to a sane man that doesn't mind the fact that I'm crazy
Kill my father
Visit my mother's grave
Buy a red Lamborghini
Enroll in a gym membership