Chapter one: Arrival-a-rooney

The taxi drops me in front of what would be my new apartment here in New York. Different emotions burst through me at this time, excitement, joy, happiness and of course anxiety and nervousness.

This was my first time alone in a new city and it was a big challenge for me. It was also my first time away from my family. I felt so grown up even though I was only 19.

Grabbing the handle of my suitcases, I walked into the building and made my way to the elevator. I checked my phone to confirm the floor of my apartment from the text my manager had sent me.

Luckily for me, I didn't meet anyone on my way up. It wasn't that I was anti social or anything. I just needed a bit of time to myself before meeting anyone.

The elevator door opened and I came face to face with a guy. Well more like face to chest since he was ridiculously tall and currently wasn't wearing a shirt.

He looked at me with a confused expression on his face. "I'm sorry, you are?" He asked.

"Your new neighbor. You're standing in front of my apartment", I replied, using my legs to point since both my hands were occupied.

"Oh. I'm sorry", he said moving out of the way.

I smiled and nodded to him and headed to the door before stopping. "Darn", I said to myself under my breath. I had forgotten that I was supposed to see the building manager to get checked in and get my key.

The guy stood there with a cheeky grin on his face.

"I should have given you this originally. Sorry. The building manager had to leave for an emergency and since we're on the same floor, he had me give it to you", he said, handing me the keys.

"Thanks", I said, dropping one of my bags to collect it from him.

I put it into the keyhole and opened the door. Just before I could go in, my neighbor stopped me.

"Hey, if you don't mind me asking, you look familiar. Have we met somewhere?" He asked, the look of confusion on his face, adorable.

I knew we hadn't met anywhere. He had probably seen me in a movie but didn't remember but saying that out loud would make me seem conceited so I'll just let him figure it out on his own.

"No I don't think so. This is my first time in New York and before this I used to live in Wisconsin and then California. So except you used to live there then I doubt we've met before".

He shook his head. "Nah can't be it. I've lived in New York all my life. Maybe you just have one of those faces".

I chuckled. "Maybe I do", I agreed.

"Anyway, I'm Jason", he said, extending his hand. I shook it. "Liv", I said.

He nodded. "I live on this floor, opposite you.", he said pointing to his house.

"Nice to meet you Jason", I said.

Slowly, I saw the flicker of recognition on his face.

"Wait a minute", he said, "you wouldn't happen to be Liv Rooney, would you? The actress and singer?"

I chuckled nervously. "In the flesh".

"Wow, I can't believe I'm going to be neighbors with an actual celebrity. My sister would go nuts when I tell her. She's a huge fan. Can't believe it took me this long to recognize you. She'd be so disappointed. I used to watch your show Voltage with her. It's too bad it got cancelled". He said.

"Thanks. It's always nice to meet a fan or a brother of a fan", I said, not knowing what else to say. I just wish he'd leave so I could get settled in and call Maddie. She made me promise to call her as soon as I landed in New York but I decided to delay it till when I got settled in. Knowing her, she's probably suspicious already or worried.