Bio

Dream:

Dream:

Dream is purported to be one of the most liked and disliked on the platform, with a 2021 poll showing that 59.7% of respondents have a favorable view of him and 22.1% who have an unfavorable view.

On January 1, 2021, Dream was . On January 7, Dream addressed the doxing and denied accusations made against him by his .

On March 25, 2021, a clip resurfaced online from a now private video showing a account with the username "Dream" saying the word "". The clip garnered attention on and . Dream posted a on Twitter in response, clarifying that the person in the video is not him.

In June of 2021, Dream was criticized for announcing that all revenue generated by his streams in June would go to the charity, with critics claiming he did not stream for more than a single day that month. Dream had streamed multiple times on different platforms during the month of June, including at least four streams on , where he encouraged fans to subscribe and donate to his channel. On June 30, 2021, Dream announced that he had donated 140,000 (US$90,000 from fan contributions and US$50,000 from the Dream Team) to , an youth charity.

In response to fellow YouTuber 's diagnosis, Dream donated US$21,409 to in late August 2021.

Speedrun cheating scandal

In early October 2020, Dream himself Minecraft, and submitted one of his times to . He was awarded with 5th place at the time in the " " category. Accusations of Dream in these speedruns first arose on October 16, when another Minecraft speedrunner, in now deleted Twitter posts, reported seeing higher for key items in one of the speedrunning attempts that Dream submitted. Dream responded on October 29 in now deleted Twitter posts, arguing that he had no reason to cheat, that he did not possess the knowledge to raise drop rates, and that the data was .

On December 11, 2020, following a two-month investigation, speedrun.com's Minecraft verification team removed his submission from the . The team published a report, along with a 14-minute video to YouTube, analyzing six archived livestreams of speedrunning sessions by Dream from around the time of the record. The team concluded that the game had been modified to make the chance of obtaining certain items needed to complete the game higher than normal; they argued the odds of obtaining the items in a legitimate way were 1 in 7.5 trillion. In response, Dream called the investigation and claimed that it was flawed enough that some members of speedrun.com's moderation team threatened to quit over the it. Speedrun.com moderator Geosquare denied the accusation, saying "All moderators voted unanimously in our decision and no one is threatening to leave in protest" and "From everything we know that [claim] is unsubstantiated or complete ."

In a YouTube video, Dream maintained that the accusations of his cheating were untrue. In response to the report by speedrun.com, Dream commissioned a report by an anonymous , who Dream claimed was an , that argued the actual odds of Dream obtaining the items legitimately were 1 in 10 million. said that the report did not exonerate him, and "at most" suggested it was not impossible that he was . The moderation team stood by their ruling and issued a rebuttal to Dream's report. In a Twitter post, Dream indicated that he would accept their decision without admitting fault. On February 4, 2021, YouTube published a video on the controversy supporting the conclusions of the moderators.