How To Hunt A Dragon

Marcey's p.o.v.

I growled as the whole island stared at me. Their chief glared at me and said" this is what happens when you steal from the chief." he turned to me and kicked me in the gut.

I laughed as I threw my head down in reflex." I heard you liked beating girls. just like your wife right?" He glared at me again and was about to kick me again when he said" actually I have a better idea."

The guards lifted me up and dragged me to the near cliff. the threw me to the ground and the chief smirked" it's either the cliff or you return what you stole." I look at the cliff. I shrugged and said" why not a fall never hurt no one."

The chief looked shocked when I started walking towards the cliff. there was a scream as a shadow flew overhead. Than it screeched. a Monstrous Nightmare.

It started circling the island and than a whole flock of Skrill joined. than a Deadly Nadder rose from under the cliff . this is a hunt. I felt the air around me pick up as more dragons join the hunt. women and children were screaming in terror.

I turned and smirked. the chief looked at me in horror. i took off towards the edge of the cliff, when I reached the edge I jumped. I heard people screaming my name. than suddenly I stopped falling. I looked up to see a boy with a mask on riding a dragon.

" Cut the rope." he brought out a knife and cut the rope releasing me from the dragons clutches. I fell towards the island and landed and started rolling.

I rolled to a stop and pulled out a flute. a low note played and all the dragons turned in my direction. I started to play a low haunting tune. a large dragon separated from the flock and was headed straight at me. I put the flute back in my jacket and ran towards the dragon.

It flew towards the cliff and I jumped again. landing safely on the dragon. I smoked and rubbed the dragons head." good girl Cinders." she looked back and her electric blue eyes shined with pride. we flew towards the island and I placed my mask on.

I stood on Cinders back as we rose to the cliff. the townspeople were gathered in terrified crowd. we landed and I stepped off. I heard the others land behind me. once the chief saw my mask he began to apologize at once.

" I am sorry my lady if I had know it was you I wou-" " would have what? Gone easier on your so called punishment. and no that wasn't me. that was one of the best handlers we had, now dead because of you." The chief laughed and said" I saw you jump off the cliff and land on the dragon!"

I opened the satchel on my dragons side and pulled out a length of hair. I showed the townspeople and they all cried out in shock. " now tell me chief what are you doing with one of my families flutes." I took out the flute and twisted it in my hand.

The chief said nothing. " answer her question if you unless you wish this to end badly." the chief scoffed at the small figure who said it." as if I fear you! You are nothing short of a child!" He growled and the Skrill started to surround the townspeople.

" I'll ask again why do you have one of my families flutes?" the Chiefs face turned dark" your father left it here when he visited. much like you he was searching. I was only a lad at the time but I remember him clearly. he had an evil sense about him. unlike you. you wouldn't kill even if you had to."

I smirked" Ethan, Jason when I return I want to find nothing left of this village. burn everything to the ground if they try to stop you burn them as well." i turned to get I my dragon when. " my son found it!" a woman ran towards the front." my son found it when he was playing in the sand. he found it next to a old thing of armor."

I nodded and said" Maria follow her to where the armor is. salvage anything of value." she nodded and followed the woman. I turned and got on my dragon."boys lets take our leave. for now." we rose on the dragons and flew to a near by island to rest.

Maria returned with a bag full of cooked lamb and fish and values from the armor. we all took off our masks and I said" what did you find out?" " The woman's used to be a trader for your father. she would trade metal and information for money."

I nodded" and?" " She told me what happened to the hunter. he had washed ashore with a bleeding wound but was already dead." she paused" it was Marshall's armor." I sighed" I knew he had been gone too long. what are we going to tell his wife."

Maria" I also have more information. about a boy from Berk. the Dragon Trainer. he is the chief of Berk they live in peace and harmony with the dragons. as do we. but" " how do they do it is the question." she nodded. I smiled" welp looks like we're going to Berk aren't we Cinders."

She shook her head and nudged my arm asking for more fish. I laughed and threw her a fish. I laid on her side and stared at the stars. than slowly I began to drift to sleep.