1

I wrote this after challenging myself to make a fic using tiktok filters to come up with the plot and this is the result, that's why the plot is so dumb and ridiculous, I blame tiktok for this.
Warning for: panic attack (mentioned), anxiety, angst, nightmares, ptsd. (That's all for now but I'll update the tags as the story goes on.)

Obligatory "English is not my first language so sorry if this sucks."

———————————————————————

He heard it at the same time that everyone else in all of Hawkins did. It was like a huge wave angrily hitting the shore, or more like a tsunami causing a flood that covered the whole town, except that this flood came accompanied with the sobs of heartbroken girls and the gossip from the residents of that small town.

When Gareth told him that morning the Corroded Coffin members had breakfast together at the local dinner, Eddie almost chocked on his pancakes.

The news caused such a havoc across the small town that Eddie was surprised that they didn't end up in the news channel or the newspaper: Extra, extra! Steve Harrington and Robin Buckley are married!

The way everyone in town talked about it, it was like the royal wedding, if the royal wedding took place in a courthouse with the groom's ex girlfriend as the witness. Normally, two people getting married wouldn't be such huge news, depending on who it was, maybe, because honestly, who gave a fuck? But what made people give a fuck was that:

1: Robin had just turned 18, the wedding took place on her birthday.

(Which, yeah, sounded bad, but Steve was just a year older than her, so it wasn't like he had been a perv waiting for her to become legal.)

2: Both her and Steve were still in high school. Literally. They were married high school students.

3: Robin's parents had kicked her out after finding out and she was now living with the Harrington's. Well, technically, she was a Harrington now. Her birthday had also been during the week Steve's parents came to town before leaving again, his father to his law firm in New York, his mother to Paris were she worked as a fashion designer.

4: A week before the end of summer break, they took off to a trip to california where they had a honeymoon in Disney.

5: The newlyweds were now working together at Family Video. How romantic, right?

When Eddie thought about it (and he didn't want to, it was an involuntary thing, because he had never before had a reason to think about Robin Buckley and Steve Harrington, even if, okay, he did have a crush on Steve back when he was a Freshman, but he had been young and stupid!), the timeline of events didn't really make sense, because from what he had heard, Robin and Steve didn't start to be seen together in public until they started working together at Scoops Ahoy at the start of the summer. Then they spend the next few months together. Then the mall burns down. Then they start to be seen hanging out around town before, BAM! It hits you in the face. Before you know it, the news that they're married hit the whole town and it's everything everyone's talking about like it's the second coming of Christ.

It was everywhere: at the whispers in the aisles and the line of the supermarket, when he went to the thrift store or to buy supplies for stuff he needed for his latest D&D campaign, at the record shop, when he walked down the street and passed next to people who were talking. Hell, even Gareth and Jeff talked about it during their meetings. Everywhere he went everyone was talking about Steve and Robin to the point that Eddie was getting fucking tired of it.