Chapter 1

Brr..Brr..

"Shit." I groaned, attempting to find my alarm. Waking up so early in the morning has never been my thing, I'm sure everyone can agree with me on this.

I sloppily sat up to check my phone to see if I had any schedules today. No. All I got was some junk mail from scammers saying, You won One Million Dollars Register To Claim! As if I'm some type of idiot that would fall for that.

As I thought that I was free of schedule my telephone suddenly rang. "Hello, Sophie speaking." I greet boredly, trying not to sound like it, but in my face, it's pretty visible.

Good thing this is only an audio call, I was given a chance to be discreet to people to sound more sympathetic and caring when in reality, I'm not.

"We would like to inform you that we have another huge project that is soon going to launch on television."  Mr. Sullivan said on the other line. What a rude man, he doesn't know how to properly greet a person. Poor thing, thirsty for making money.

Did I mention he's my manager? We are friends, but when it comes to work, he takes everything seriously.

"Okay, what is it about?" I asked, attempting not to roll my eyes.

"There have been requests to interview psychopathic killers, and of course, we need you Jackson to interview each one of them to know their stories and why they ended up in prison." He calmly explains to me.

That's my first psychopath for today. I should interview him instead.

Jeez, I don't understand people and their obsession with killers. I've interviewed some killers in the past and their stories are very sickening, so I don't understand why they want to hear such a gruesome story. "Okay, send me the contract and details by tomorrow, " I didn't let him talk and just finished the call.

***

"Jackson, great to see you in this fine weather!" I can't let Sullivan try and ruin my morning with his cringe babble. Ignoring him has always been in my routine, so that's what I'm doing right now. "Don't be mean Jackson, I brought great news for you, and coffee." He smiles mischievously.

He placed the coffee in front of me, and we both sat across from each other, I studied his facial expressions because he had not put away that stupid grin since he greeted me. He wants to say something to me and I can tell what it is.

"You can now speak, Sullivan." I can tell he is excited to tell me, and I'm sure it's about the interview I'll be facing this week.

"About the interview," He looked at me before proceeding, to see if I was irritated or not. Well, I am. "We are going off the state, Louisiana to be exact."

I scoffed, "Where wild and edgy people are? I'm not even surprised why they have such a high killer rate."

"What? Louisiana is a nice place, with good food and everything. You're just bitter because you don't want to do this project more than I do." I rolled my eyes, he's indeed right about that. But as if I have a choice, work is work, and money is money.

"Because you're parched out of money."

"Touché."

Thank you for reading, Dating Ms. Psychopath.
I hope this chapter wasn't too short for everyone. Well, it was...
Other chapters won't necessarily be like this, chapter 1 is just an opening, getting to know a bit more with the characters we have here.
Many more chapters to come, and I hope you guys will be looking forward to that as well.