Chapter one

"Oh dear, you're so slow!" Visenya Targaryen poked fun at her niece Rhaenyra while riding ahead on her own dragon, Daeron

"Oh dear, you're so slow!" Visenya Targaryen poked fun at her niece Rhaenyra while riding ahead on her own dragon, Daeron. Rhaenyra's eyebrows furrowed together as she glared playfully at her aunt, suddenly riding ahead of her. This made Visenya chuckle, she loved her competitive niece. Rhaenyra and Visenya raced each other back to King's Landing, Visenya landing a few seconds before Rhaenyra did. She got off her dragon, petting him on his neck and placing a small kiss on his head, she let the dragon handler take him back into the dragon pit. Visenya walked towards her niece who had just landed, helping her get off.

"I've missed this. I've missed you." Rhaenyra spoke, suddenly attacking her aunt with a hug. The young girl's arms were wrapped tightly around the older woman's waist as she hugged her. Visenya returned the hug with the same amount of tightness. She too missed her joyful Rhaenyra. Days seemed boring without her mini me around. Pulling apart, Visenya spoke.

"Come along now, Darling. We must reach back to the castle before your mother throws a fit." Visenya joked about Aemma. Rhaenyra nodded, agreeing with her aunt. The two princesses walked over to the carriage where Alicent Hightower had stood. Now, Visenya had no reason to dislike the young girl but something about her was off. Yet, she still smiled politely to her and asked her how she is

"I am well, Princess." Alicent responded kindly, smiling softly at Visenya.

"Syrax is growing quickly. She'll soon be as large as caraxes. That's almost big enough to saddle two." Rhaenyra exclaimed excitedly to Alicent. Visenya gleamed at her niece's enthusiasm, remembering her younger self.

"Yes. She is getting quite large. A lovely dragon Syrax is. Nothing like my husband's menace Caraxes or my own mischievous Daeron." Visenya chuckled, thinking about the two dragons behaviours. She loved them the same. Viserys had chosen Daeron to be placed in her cradle when she was a babe. The two grew up together. Born on the same night, Visenya was born under storm and fire. Dragon blood coursed through her veins.

"I believe Alicent is quite content on the spectator, darling." Visenya spoke, telling Rhaenyra while placing an arm over her shoulders, guiding her up into the carriage.

The carriage led the three through King's landing and towards the castle. Visenya was excited because she knew that Daemon would be back soon, and she was excited to see Aemma. The two grew up like sisters. Once they reached the castle, Visenya and Rhaenyra got off, Alicent following behind them, they made their way through the castle walls and towards the Queen.

"Ah, Rhaenyra. Sister. You know I don't like you two to go flying while I'm in this condition." Aemma spoke. Scolding the two girls. Visenya smiled bashfully, looking down, she made her way to sit by Aemma. Rhaenyra following her.

"Oh come on Aemma! You know that nothing will happen to Rhaenyra as long as she's with me and Daemon." Visenya spoke, hugging her good sister. Aemma hugged her back, smiling. Rhaenyra smiled at her aunt and mother's interaction.