Chapter two

The day of the tournament came quick and Visenya was busy preparing for everything

The day of the tournament came quick and Visenya was busy preparing for everything. She had also been attending to Aemma. The woman was close to giving birth and that worried Visenya. She didn't want Rhaenyra to lose her mother, especially this young. Visenya had lost her father far too young. Viserys had become king before Visenya wed Daemon.

"Ahh" Visenya let out a small scream when someone picked her up from behind. She turned to look at the culprit only to see it was her laughing husband. Daemon chuckled at his wife's distressed expression. Visenya swore that Daemon would age her beyond her years. He was always doing something rash. She turned around and smacked him in the chest with the favour she was making. Daemon laughed again before kissing his wife. He loved Visenya, more than anything in the whole world. He would burn the world to ash if he asked him to. He also knew that Viserys would place the world at her feet.

"Hello, my love." Daemon kissed Visenya on the cheek, greeting her formally while snatching Visenya's wine cup and drinking from it, making her look at him in disdain. Visenya's expressions always made Daemon laugh.

"No hello. You scared me! Daemon what if I stabbed you with my dagger?" Visenya whined, her tone a pitch higher than usual. Daemon knew that she was being serious, so he took her hands in his and kissed the back of them.

"Darling, I've been hurt many times. Especially when we were children, I doubt your dagger could hurt too much." At his words, Visenya felt a little better then she did before. She dragged him to sit onto a chair before placing herself on his lap. Daemon secured his arms around his wife's middle to ensure that she didn't fall. Visenya picked up the flower crowns that a few children had gifted her from her earlier visit into town, placed them on top of her own head and Daemon's. All her husband did was look up at her with so much love and affection in his eyes. Visenya kissed her husband's cheek before getting up.

"Are you prepared for the tournament?" She asked him while pouring the two of them glasses of wine. She handed Daemon his glass and he eagerly took it from her hand.

"Yes. I always am. With your favour on my side, I am bound to win." Visenya blushed at Daemon's words. He was always such a charmer. A knock on the door interrupted the pair, it was a guard. Apparently Viserys had asked for Daemon's presence and for Visenya to grace Rhaenyra. Visenya rolled her eyes affectionately at her niece.

"It seems that our niece cannot stay away from us for a single moment." Visenya said playfully, getting up from her seat. Daemon let out a breathy laugh.

"I can't stay away from you either and you're talking about Rhaenyra? We Targaryens are drawn to you like a moth to a flame." Daemon told his love, getting up and kissing her on the cheek before leaving her be. Visenya sighed in displeasure. It seemed that she couldn't have a moment alone with Dameon without being interrupted.

Visenya was tacked by a smaller figure when she entered the garden. Luckily she caught her footing before she fully fell, with the culprit, now identified as Rhaenyra on top of her.