Chapter 5 *edited*

Your POV

As Toast went to put away the supplies, I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling in deep thought about anything. So deep that I didn't even realize Ghost was asleep besides me but it didn't bother me much. He needed the rest and it felt nice to have someone next to me.

"Would you like for me to move him?" Toast asked me from my doorway. He leaned against the wooden door frame with his arms crossed, a small smile on his face. I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"No it's alright. Thank you though." I said, closing my eyes and getting comfortable in bed. Toast smiled and nodded as he turned off the light and closed the door. The sun was just starting to set, making the room walls and objects have tints of orange, peering through the white curtains. It was relaxing to me. I glanced besides me at Ghost, who looked beautiful in this sunlight.

His toned bare back covered in scars was exposed to me, and so were the stitches that were covered with a large band aid. It made me upset to look at it, thinking it was my fault. He wouldn't have gotten stabbed with a steak knife if he wasn't protecting me. I wonder how much different the situation would've been if I wasn't there.

I shook away the thoughts and glanced at his face. The massive bruise was fading more and more each passing day which made me happy.

His features were beautiful. From his nose shape to his oddly perfectly shaped eyebrows that he probably never gets done. Same thing with the long lashes, and his hair; It was long, a little past his eyebrows and unruly. Each time I've seen him, it was always messy and never brushed, but it looked good in a way.

Without thinking, I began to gently play with his hair, raking my fingers through the knotted mess. It was a lot softer than I thought it to be. I brought my hand down to the side of his face, rubbing my thumb against his cheek, feeling every tiny scar he's obtained from working this job. He truly was a beautiful man.

The longer I looked at him, the more I felt my feelings develop, which wasn't a good thing but I'm taking this in as much as I can, because who knows, maybe this won't happen again. Appreciate the moment.

I felt him sigh and relax under my hand, giving the tiniest smile that melted my heart. I smiled back and played with his hair once more. It's weird to think how I just met this man, not knowing a single damn thing about him but yet it feels like I've known him for years. It was an oddly nice feeling.

I shifted around the bed for and hour, trying to get comfortable but it wasn't working. I was in pain and no position was good enough to sleep in. I kept moving from side to side, to my back onto my stomach until Ghost tiredly placed his hand on my back. I sighed in defeat, feeling bad for waking him up.

"What's wrong?" He asked me, his voice groggy. His eyes weren't open but he was awake, barely though. I closed my eyes and whined.

"I'm in pain and I can't get comfortable." I mumbled, looking up at him.

"Do you need medicine?" He asked.

"I do but I'll grab it." I said. I didn't want to have him get up so I sat myself up, but he stopped me.

"I'll grab it." He told me, lifting himself up off the creaky bed.

"No it's fine. Go back to sleep. I can find it myself." I mumbled, also standing up besides the bed, hoping he'll agree and lay back down. I'm afraid he won't be there when I get back or if he decided to go back to his room now because he woke up. I didn't want him to leave.

"(Y/n), Don't argue with me." He said sternly, walking over to me and making me sit down on the bed. "Stay there, I'll bring it to you." He told me and walked out of the room.