Bon appetit

What would you do with an empty fridge? Nothing but the blue cold rays scatter around the dark kitchen. Your feet are cold and dirtied with dust and crumbs. You haven't cleaned or left the house in months, you were to afraid of leaving your warm and quiet abode.

Why would you leave? To get some silly food and water? To socialise and get a job? How silly you laughed but the growls from your stomach says otherwise. Looking at the empty fridge there's a loaf of sliced bread and half full container of butter. Perhaps you could made a sandwich to silence the annoying gurgles of your stomach. .

Bread on plate, the butter spread on two sliced evenly, pepper and salt on for some flavour and now something to put inside. Opening the fridge once again and nothing. The cabinets dusty with a lonesome spider.  Gurrrgleeee!!! It hurts, you realised how long you haven't ate since a day ago. Gruumble!! It hurts, it hurts! On your knees, squeezing your stomach with both hands trying to sooth your hunger. After a second the pain has gone for a moment.

Trickle, trickle, under the fridge flashes a tiny critter hiding in the shadow. A bug hiding possibly in savaging for reminding food. You've had a fascination of small insects and started a collection of them. You just remembered that you've had a large jar collection of cockroaches hiding underneath your bed. You've always had an insect problem but you didn't mind, in fact you loved them. So much that you'd rather not kill them for nothing. Placing them into a glass jar just for those special little bugs, there were many of them around the house. Especially under the refrigerator. Slowly standing back on two feet front the cold tiled floor. You reach to the side of the fridge, using the energy that is left. You move the iron object inch by inch. Each push has a small bug escape from underneath.

At last here you see the glory of a pile of cockroaches huddled from where your fridge was last placed. Gurrrrgleeee!!! The hunger, the need for something to be inside your stomach aches. You bend down, scooping a handful of cockroaches. Some fall down into the floor running whilst the ones in your grasp squirm and wiggle into your skin. Back to your cold slices of salted and buttered bread, you drop your handful as a replacement of any sort of meat ingredient. Some of the cockroaches were squished to death and some run off the plate and down the kitchen counter. Finally, you place the the empty slice over the cockroach filling.

Bon appétit! A sandwich to fulfil the dire need to feed.

Grabbing your creation, some of bugs fall as it was overfilled. One sniff of relief and one bite. Crunch, crunch, crunch! Gulp. The roaches were delectable, it tasted no different then any lamb, pork or beef. Munch! Each bite were crunchy from the butter shells and legs. Soft and mushy in the inside that left a juicy after taste. Chew and swallow, feeling the texture from the wings and limbs of the cockroach. Feeling everything in your throat, into the stomach. Hmmm! Licking your lips with delight, swirling your tongue around your teeth. There are little bits of shell, legs inside the crevices of  of your tooth gaps like popcorn. Some wings stuck from the roof of your mouth.

Delicious! You say as some of the live cockroaches crawl away from your mouth and onto your arms. You didn't mind as they were going to be used for later someday. Maybe if you get enough cockroaches, that you can make other recipes. A smoothie sounds good.

Onto your last bite, it ends satisfied. Your feel your stomach to be filled and no longer growling. Licking your fingers from the juices off, sighing out of relief. That was too good. Burp! Whoops that's was a legs.