Chapter One

"That's right, beautiful," he winks " and you're coming with me." his teeth glitter as he smiles at me. I cross my arms over my chest. "and what makes you think I'm coming with you after you assaulted Derek?"

"Is that what you go by now?" he turns to Derek. "I thought 'Pitch Black' suited you." he laughs. I gape "Hold up." I say "There is no way he's Pitch Black. 1- he isn't scary enough and 2-... He's my best friend." he looks at me when I say the last part "Best friend, huh. I guess that says a lot about your character doesn't it?" he teases. I stomp up to his face. "What's that supposed to mean?" I say un crossing my arms to rest my hands on my hip. "Just trust me he's bad news. Besides you're going to be a guardian." I feel overwhelmed suddenly even though I'm not.

        I pass out and Jack carries me to the workshop. I slightly enjoy being wrapped in his arms but I stay silent.

        I finally admit to being conscious when we arrive. Jack begins introductions but I stop him. "No need. I'm Kira. It's nice to meet you all." I say. Bunny looks up and says "Where'd ya meet her? The flea market?' I snap at him not in anger but in sass" You would know all about fleas wouldn't ya bunny?" Jack stifles a laugh as the Kangaroo Cottontail glares at me. "Pipe down Cottontail. You insulted me first." I joke.

        "This is her?" Red says. Jack is quick to respond "Yep. The newbie" So, something gets to me and I just have to ask. "So don't I have to... die"

"Oh you will,  child, in fact tonight is you deadline." He says it as if it's a good thing. Who wants to die without being able to say good bye, God. I get a bit of anxiety at the thought. Jack wraps me in his arms and attempts to calm me down. Then in the midst of everything I die. No pain. Just death.