The little merman: Prologue

A knock on my door woke me up from my sleep. "Hey Y/n! You have to up, stop ignoring the maid! Your gonna be late!" I audibly groan. Today is the first day of the academy. After royalty and nobility kids graduate high school they go here. Like a college but more demanding. After getting ready I went outside and saw my driver and my brother waiting. "Almost being late on your first day. Great first impression." He said getting in. "Hey you've been going here for three years Eric! Your used to waking up this early." Once I got there my mouth went agape at the size of the place. It was so much bigger than my palace. I then proceed to spend the whole day struggling to find my classes, accidentally stealing people's seats and having teacher's put me on the spot to introduce myself to the class. I were so glad when the day was over. But before i left a couple of girls came up to me to ask about Eric's 20th birthday party. Actually that happened throughout the entire week. I had to keep explaining to people that our parents only want family and the servants there. The reason is because Eric wanted to go out on sea for his birthday and that's a good place for assassin's to kill us. According to father anyway.

So on Friday afternoon once we got back I instantly had to get ready for tonight. The maids got me a beautiful suit/dress that I think suited me very well. Then we went on board. We watched the sun set at sea. I leaned over the rail. "Ah nothing like being at sea. Don't you agree sis?" He said. I shrugged my shoulders. I liked the sea but not in the same way as him. The two of us talked for a bit trying to ignore the sounds of a certain someone getting sea sick. Once it was night they started to set up the fireworks. But I noticed the wind had picked up tremendously. The boat was stable but rocking a bit. I brought this up with a few people but they brushed me off. I went back to the deck pouting. "If Eric had these concerns he would be taken seriously. I may not know how to work a boat but I'm not blind to the weather..." My thoughts were interrupted by the fireworks in the sky. They were beautiful. All my focus then went to them and I forgot the bad feeling I had.

"Okay prince Eric, would you like to head back to the palace or stay out here a bit longer?" One of the servants asked as the show was finishing up. "The weather is starting to get pretty bad, let's go back." And so they started to. But before i had the chance to start pouting again it started to pour. And not just normal rain like thunderstorm rain. Then the wind picked up and the boat was heavily rocking. Eric quickly ran over to me. "I'll try to help stabilize the ship! But I need you to make sure all the lifeboats are ready!" I nodded and the two of us went to work. Half the ship was with me In getting the lifeboats ready while the other half was with Eric. Despite his best efforts there's nothing that can be done. Everyone started getting in lifeboats. "Y/n you get on! I need to make sure everyone gets off safely." He said. "No your getting on the boat. I'm a better swimmer than you! I'll make sure everyone is fine." I said.

"Don't play the hero Y/n we don't have time for this." He said. I looked at the lifeboat below us. "Your right, we don't." I then shoved him in. The force causing the boat to lower. I heard him yell something but didn't understand it. I then led the servants on the boats. I then realized they should be prioritizing me since they are servants. But their survival instincts have kicked in. They don't care about anything other than their safety. I'm not mad about that, it's just human nature. But because I was In thought I lowered the last boat before getting in myself. That's when I heard people call out my name. But then lightning hit the boat splitting it in half and catching it on fire. Everything happened so fast but at the same time it all felt like it was in slow motion. I was hurled towards the sea and fell in. I tried to swim but no matter how hard I tried I just kept sinking. And since I was caught of guard I swallowed water. A deep ache in my chest grew. I was frantically trying to claw my way up but I just couldn't. Then a tiredness slowly crept In and took over. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was a flash of red.