Flaws- Bastille

Y/n's Pov

We walk down the corridor, Steve leading the way and the two or us stumbling behind.

"Did it hurt?" Bucky asks.

"A little," Steve says looking around.

"Permanent?"

"So far," he finishes before taking a turn to the left.

"You're going to get so many girls," he mumbles so quietly I almost miss it.

Loud explosions go off ahead and he runs toward it, WHY?! We reach a viewing platform and watch a series of explosions take place going across the room.

"We need to go up," I mumble but Steve hears and immediately looks around finding a metal stairway that leads up. We go for it before the explosions can get to us.

Once there are no more stairs we run across the metal platform looking for a way out.

"Ahhh Captain America," a voice calls out with a heavy German accent. Who? "How exciting."

We all look to our left and see two men on the other side of the room, there is a small walkway that connects the two.

"I am a big fan of your films," the taller one says, I recognised the smaller one as he visited us in the room once to inject more stuff into us.

Both Steve and the man walk onto the walkway, the man talking about some doctor guy and improvement when Steve just punches the man in the face, he falls back.

"You've got no idea," Steve states. The guys face looks like it's sliding off- and he whips a punch at Steve who blocks with his shield. I could swear I see a fist dented into the metal. The man takes out a gun and hits Steve across the face with it.

Bucky tries to go out to help Steve but I hold him back, we are both struggling to stand and using the railing to stay up and he thinks we can fight, he looks at me and then realises it without me having to say anything.

Steve and the guy are fighting when Steve launches the man back with a kick to the chest, the walkway starts moving apart over the burning room below.

"No matter what lies Erskine told you, I was his greatest success," he almost shouts and starts PULLING HIS FACE OFF. His face turns out to be red and his skin pulled tight to his bones that it's literally a red skull.

"You don't have one of those do you," Bucky states rather than asks, not even in shock.

The red skull taunts Steve saying that he doesn't fear it, but embraces it then steps into the doorway behind him, the other guy right behind him.

"Then how come you're running?"

And the door just close, "shit," I mumble. Looking around for another exit Bucky spots an emergency exit door a little down the way but its on the opposite side.

We run toward it and there is a beam that stretches across to the door that we can use. Bucky reaches it first and quickly tries to get across, he wobbles a few times but gets across. I go next and I hold the cloth around me tighter. Im halfway across when another explosion shakes the building and I begin to hear a cracking sound.

Not wasting a second I sprint to the other side where Bucky has his hand extended out and grabs onto me just as the beam gives way.

"No!" He screams as he looks over to Steve. "There's got to be a rope or something."

"Just get out!" Steve shouts to us. And more explosions shake the building. He backs up from the edge then sprints full speed towards us and jumps at the last second.

For a split second I don't think he's going to make it, but we reach our hands out for him to catch himself. He makes it, I can hear Bucky leaving out a huge sigh of relief.

"Lets get out of here," Steve says as he gets to his feet.

———

We made it down to the others when a final big explosion collapsed the rest of the building. They had waited for us, well they waited for Steve.

We were almost back, according to Steve, we have been walking for the whole night and most of the morning. When we got out Bucky took off his jacket, he was left in his green shirt.

Bucky came up next to me, now that we were out I don't want to think about what's going to happen when he tells someone about me. I don't want to go back home.

"You don't have to worry Y/n, I won't say anything about it to anyone," he whispers.

"I- oh- um thank you," I tear up a small bit before wiping it away. "Sorry I just never felt comfortable as a girl."

"Oh," he says, then asks, "Does it feel better as a guy?"

"It's better, but not quite right either."

"Well, when you figure it out you can tell me, I'll be here."

———

We all follow Steve as he leads us into a camp, the men there start shouting and running out of their tents toward us. The first thing Steve does is salute what looks to be the colonel.

"Colonel some of these men need medical attention," he addresses the Colonel.

The man just looks looks Steve up and down.

"I'd like to surrender myself to disciplinary action," Steve continues.

"That won't be necessary," the Colonel says plainly.

"Sir I-" he protests.

"Just how many orders are you planning on disobeying?" He questions. That shut Steve up.

The man walks away and thats when I spot the woman behind him. She looks as if she was just crying. She walks up to Steve.

"You're late," the woman says with a British accent.

"Sorry, couldn't call my ride," he says holding up something that's been crushed to pieces.

"Hey!" Bucky shouts form beside me. "Lets hear it for Captain America!"

All the men around us start cheering and clapping. Steve looks at Bucky and they both have huge grins on their faces, however the minute Steve looks away I watch it quickly leave Bucky's.

"Are you going to be okay," I whispered loud enough for him to hear over the cheering.

"Yeah I just need some sleep," he reassures me.