11. love of my life

Harry is single for about two hours.

He calls Gemma, hanging in the armchair like the drained man he is, telling her everything. He tells her the whole story, from when Louis moved in to now, that he broke up with Francis. He asks her what he should do, he listens to her advices.

Gemma says that Harry can either come to her flat and stay there for a while, to figure everything out, or go to Louis' place and crash his world and get back together.

So, obviously, Harry chooses that option.

He hangs up after briefly asking Gemma how she's doing, but she only says he has better things to do right now than to listen to her new gossip, so he eventually laughs, tells her how much he loves her and hangs up.

He braces himself, looking into the mirror in the hallway and biting his bottom lip. He's going to do this. He's not going to rush this like last time, he doesn't want to do anything out of emotion over blast again, so he takes his time thinking about what he wants to say or do, fixes his hair and takes a few more deep breaths.

This is going to be it.

Harry glances at his phone, only then realising it's already past midnight. But Louis is always up late, has always had a shitty sleeping schedule.

When Harry eventually steps outside, it feels like the world is ending, with how hard it's raining. He's pretty convinced the Atlantic Ocean is just being dropped over England by Poseidon or something, while he tries to shield himself with his hands, carefully walking down the slippy stairs of the porch. As he gets closer, through the rain he can see Louis sitting on his own porch, elbows on his knees. He looks down, has a cigarette in his hand once more.

Harry doesn't say anything, but as he walks closer and gives up on trying to shield himself from the water, Louis looks up and finds his eyes immediately. As soon as he recognises Harry, his shoulders relax and he lets out a breath Harry doesn't hear, only sees as a tiny grey cloud.

"Thank god, you came back" He says then, loudly over the splashing sound of the rain thundering down. He stubs his cigarette out and gets up slowly, hands in the pocket of his sweats.

"I think I always will" Harry says, hands hanging at his sides and water getting into his eyes. He blinks it away, watching Louis' figure standing there, only a few feet separating them.

Louis stays quiet, but walks down until he's on the ground just as Harry is, not coming closer. Now they're both in the rain, the water immediately darkening the material of Louis' hoodie. It's long reached Harry's skin, making him shiver with it, but he doesn't care right now, not about his shoes being soaked and bottom lip quivering, and his hair dropping water onto his face.

"I broke up with him" He says, voice surprisingly stable. The rain gets even worse, overpowering sounds so that Harry has to increase the volume of his voice as well, for Louis to hear what he says. "I want you, I want to be with you"

At that, Louis makes the first step towards him, and from then on it seems like a dam is broken. Harry walks towards him as well, both of them closing the distance separating them quickly. His heart is hammering in his chest, trying to break free and dissolve into a million butterflies. Harry breathes in and out deeply, trying and failing to calm down. This is it.

"You're the love of my life, too" Harry says on his last step.

With that being said, a weight is lifted off his shoulders and when Louis' hands find his waist, he grows in confidence, placing his own on Louis' cold, wet jaw and pulling him in.

It feels like he's holding on to Louis' cheeks for dear life when he closes his eyes and kisses him.

And immediately, everything is okay. Better than okay, everything is perfect.