Tricked and Trapped

Through the bars of the cell, one could see a rather unfortunate scene. Everyone inside sat in their own minds, each as shocked by the earlier revelations than the next. Similar questions floated through their minds. "Why would Skylor betray them?" "How could Chen be her father?" "Why hadn't they seen it?" None had the answers, hell, half couldn't even form the thoughts. Rambling through their minds, the broken alliance shared a single, unspoken awareness- they messed up, big time.

The only one even slightly sane in that moment was Jay, surprisingly enough. He was waiting impatiently for Lloyd and Garmadon to burst in and free them, but of course that hadn't happened. Otherwise, I wouldn't be telling you this story. Getting saved here would be a fairy-tale ending.

But this isn't one of those fairy-tale stories, is it? That's just an illusion.

Y/n had a look of pure hatred etched on her face. She was the first to break the silence."That bitch really got us, huh?"

"Don't call her that."

She looked up at the Master of Fire. He'd been staring at the ceiling for the past ten minutes, purely horrified, only getting up because of her words. She scoffed.

"You're not still hung up on her, are you?"

"Hey, you didn't know her like I did-"

"Oh please, she's a pathetic backstabber and you know it!"

"Why are you always like this?"

Y/n stood up, glaring at him. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

"You always see the worst in people! I don't get it, you're so unreasonable!"

Y/n was hurt. She knew it. She knew she couldn't trust people. Not with her baggage anyway. She menaced towards him.

"Are you joking? Are you fucking joking? That's what you're going to say to me?"

"Yeah, it is, you got a problem with it?"

"Like hell I have a problem with it! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with you? One minute you're a decent person, the next you're tearing people apart! You're such a two-faced-"

Y/n gave him a hard slap, right across his pathetic face. She was boiling with anger. If the bars on the cell weren't vengestone, she'd have...well, she'd have hurt him more anyway. How was still unknown.

"Don't you even think for a second of finishing that sentence. You've just proved my point."

"What point?"

"That I can't trust anyone with my life! That's why I hadn't told you the full story from the beginning. That's why I didn't even tell you the full story in the jungle with Skylor?"

"Oh, so you're a liar now?"

"No! I'm no liar. I'm just the world's plaything, y'know? Any time I tell anyone that story, it changes everything! People stop seeing me as a person. They see me as the fucked-up orphan. Even you."

Kai was stunned. "Y/n, I'm-"

"No don't. Don't apologise. Don't make me fall into your trap again."She swallowed the lump in her throat. She'd never felt such hatred for someone.

"I thought", she started, "I thought that maybe you were different. Maybe you understood how it feels. I thought that you might stay the same, and you wouldn't change into some monster like everyone else. But of course, you're the same. Of course, I was a fool all over again, of course you'd just hurt me like everyone else."