under the rainy sky

TW: Abuse, Blood

tubbo pov flashback

It was pouring rain, I hid under a small bus stop, at least I wouldn't get wet. I looked around and saw a little bee next to me. The bee was sitting on the wet bench and was spinning in a circle. From what I know about bees, is that they spin in a circle because their dying.

I picked it up and held it in my hands. It was moist and I assumed it was slightly drowning from the small puddles of rain everywhere. I took the sleeve of my hoodie and tapped it. my sleeve had a little water on it now and I looked closer at the bee. It's wings were drenched in water. I knew bee's didn't like water so this was torture for the little guy.

I gently rubbed the bee's back with my sleeve trying my best to help it. The bee stopped spinning and instead was walking around my hand. I placed my hand back on the bench for the bee to step off. Then turned to see a human goat looking at me in the dark with an umbrella over his head.

He gave me a smile, and I waved at him. He slowly crossed the street avoiding all the cars and went up to me, "Hey! I'm Schlatt, who are you?" He said standing next to me under the bus stop. I smiled and looked up at him, "I'm Tubbo!" I say back.

"How old are you Tubbo?" He says as he shakes the water off his umbrella. He then kneels next to me so he could be at eye level, also getting his nice jeans wet. "I'm 10!" I say checking if the bee is okay. "Tubbo are you waiting for anyone? Or are you alone?" He says in a concern voice. 

I look away and try to stop tears from coming as I remembered what happened a few hours ago. I took a shaky breath, "M- My.." I say then wiping the tears I failed to keep in. Schlatt sits on the wet bench, and picks me up onto his lap. He held me in his arms and gently stroked my back until I calmed down. "You don't have to tell me now okay? Wanna stay with me tonight? You're going to catch a cold if you stay here. He said looking at the endless rain above us.

I stood up from his lap and nod. He stands up and hold my hand and we walked under his umbrella. We continued walking until we reached a small hut. It looked cozy but not very sturdy.

Schlatt looks at me embarrassed, "I uh, I build this myself! It's not the best but it kept me safe for a very long time?" I said holding my hand while walking closer to his house.

It was in the middle of a forest, it looked really nice in it too, Schlatt took me inside and we sat and introduced ourselves. He was very nice to me! And I stayed with him for years.

- years later -

I stayed at Schlatt's house watching a small TV he recently added to the house. I was exploring different channels until I heard a knock on the door. I saw Schlatt outside and I opened the door.

He gave me a big sweet smile and handed a paper to me. I tried reading it but gave up, nothing on the paper made sense to me. Schlatt noticed the expression on my face and kneeled down to me, just like the first time we met. "Tubbo do you know what that is?" He says holding me tight.

I shook my head and he gently took the paper from me, "Tubbo, I've adopted you!" He says. My face lights up and I run into his arms tears of joy flowing from my eyes into his hoodie and he tears up a little too.

Months turn into years since I got adopted. One day Schlatt came home extremely late. His eyes were red and I though he was tired. He struggled walking to his room so I ran over to help him. As soon as I touched him, his arm flung me and I crashed into the wall and part of the fragile walls came along with glass from the window near it. I got many small cuts from the glass and Schlatt approached me. 

I reached out my hand because I thought he'd help me get up. Instead he grabbed my arm and pulled me up, just to choke my neck. I let a small cough, gasping for air and he flung me outside through the broken wall. I laid there covered in a pool of my own blood and slowly fell asleep.

The next few days with Schlatt, he was becoming more and more violent. Those days turned into a few month and school was starting soon.