Chapter 1

Today was but an ordinary day. It was 11.15 AM, their fourth period has started a few minutes ago. The old grumpy man Infront of the classroom was their teacher Mr. Dominique. He was teaching them math, specifically Algebra. Everyone in the class was jotting down everything that the old man says on their notebooks, except for Asteria. The girl never enjoyed learning math. Not to mention, the teaching method her math teacher uses to teach students is extremely old fashioned and boring. So as she grew bored and tired of sitting on her chair, she played with her pen and doodle small cute images on the bottom left of her notebook page.

She continued doodling out of boredom, and her eyes started to get heavier and heavier every minute. She rested her head on the back of her hand, her elbow on her desk as her arm supported the weight of her head. Soon her eyes fluttered shut. Almost immediately, the girl falls asleep on her desk.

the girl jolted awake, staring at the ruler Infront of her. Her gaze trailed up. Only to be met with a grumpy, wrinkly, old man. On his left hand, there was a very long ruler made out of wood. One end on his hand, the other on the girl's desk. assuming that he was the one who woke her up by hitting a ruler at her desk, poor ruler.

Her assumptions are proven correct as the grumpy old man says, "Miss Athena, it seems that you aren't paying attention" clearly irritated seeing one of his students sleeping in his lecture.

The girl stared at him blankly, not knowing what to respond. "I'm talking to you Miss Athena" he slapped the ruler again on her desk. She sat down properly, crossing her hand and propped her elbow on the desk. "I know" the girl replied, a hand hovered over her mouth as she let out a yawn. He grind his teeth in anger, his eyes were extremely wide in a mixture of shock and anger, it looks as If his eyes would pop out of it's sockets. Asteria tried her best to stifle her laugh, the old man Infront of her made such a ridiculous face to which she found very amusing.

The grumpy old man yanked her out of the classroom, his hand still held her wrist tightly as he glared at her. He pulled her hand harshly. Swinging her to the front, he quicklye let go of her wrist so he doesn't fall alongside with the girl. On the other hand, the girl who was standing behind the math teacher was now rubbing her lower back, due to the sudden action, she fell (quite hard) on the floor butt first.

"Ouch… stupid teacher." She mumbled, rubbing her hand on both her butt and her back that was stinging in pain.

Asteria looked up frowning, irritated by the sight of her math teacher looking down at her as if she was nothing but garbage. "Listen pheasant, next time you disobey me I will not hesitate to expel you!" He yelled at her trying to intimidate the girl. Much to his surprise, the girl didn't even filnched. She stood up from the floor and dusted her skirt, "I wouldn't mind, if that means I won't be seeing your old ugly face." She slightly tilted her head upwards, making her look dominant and intimidating.

Mr. Dominique's face turned pale, the girl reminded him of her dead parents. Her intimidating posture resembled that of her father's,and her voice that was lacing with venom resembled that of her mother's. It terrified him so much. He took a step back, fear run through his veins as beads of sweat appeared on his forehead.

"Your nothing but an idiotic weak girl who apparently got accepted here out of luck! Even a monkey is smarter than you!" He walked away from the girl who stood tall and not once letting his words bring her down. "You will stay here until the second period ends!" He continued, slamming the classroom door shut.

Any other students would have been crying by now, the insults Mr. Dominique says are often very hurtful. However, Asteria never cared. She knew how to fight back, she had so many information about him. She heard those informations from gossiping (she never enjoyed gossiping, but it was worth it). And most of them were proven correct. That's why none of his insults affected her, she knew that she is intelligent, and most definitely not weak. Infact, she was a strong independent girl.