WHAT IF...? IT appeared in Gravesfield part 1

The past couple hours were some of the most intense Luz and her friends had ever been through. Sure she was finally home now but at what cost? She helped Belos meet the Collector. Hunter is struggling with the revelation of being a grim-walker and now they were all stuck on Earth with no working portal to get home.

Luz tossed the medical kit onto the closet and set up a sleeping bag next to Amity. Everyone was already exhausted and sound asleep but Luz was wide awake. How could she be asleep with everything going on right now?

She looked over at Amity who was sleeping beside her and smiled weakly at one of the few happy things she had during this miserable period.

The forest

Belos tracked weakly through the woods, having just consumed the body of a deer and continued wandering for hours, with nowhere to go and no one to seek help.

He heard a twig snap and quickly snapped his head back ro investigate, his demonic blue eyes staring into the darkness behind him. After seeing that the coast was clear, he continued on his goalless treck through the woods, unaware that something sinister was watching from afar.

Luz's house
Time to start the day. Luz threw on her grudgby jacket, ready to show the others around Earth in a desperate attempt to cheer things up.

Luz ran into the dining room and sat next to Amity.

"So what are we doing today?" Willow asked.

"Well I was thinking that we could hang out at maybe the zoo"

Gus then pitched in. "There's also the haunted hayride tonight"

"Ohh that sounds fun" Amity replied cheerfully.

Luz smiled at all their suggestions.

"How about we do all of them" Luz declared happily.

"Wait wheres Hunter?"

"Oh he's outside with flapjack. He said something about needing some fresh air" Vee replied tiredly.

Hunter walked along the sidewalk kicking a stone in front of him.

*chirp chirp*

"No they don't know I'm a grim-walker"

*chirp chirp*

"No i'm no ready to tell them"

*chirp chirp*

Hunter didn't respond and continued kicking the stone in front of him.

Flapjack followed closed behind but something caught his attention.

*splash*

A single splash echoed inside a nearby gutter.

Flapjack made his way toward the entrance.

*chirp chirp?*
Flapjack tilted his head curiously when he heard a slight thud come from inside.

From the darkness of the gutter, a pair of devilish red eyes began staring back at flapjack.

He kept eye contact with the vicious eyes until Hunter called him back.

Flapjack flew back to Hunter and settled on his shoulder and looked back at the gutter to see the eyes had now disappeared.

Flapjack stayed perked on Hunter's shoulder, keeping his eyes on the gutter as they both went back inside the house.

The forest

Belos abandoned his deer host, leaving behind a skeleton with no meat left.

He traversed the woods until finally obtaining another deer to live off of for the time being. They were in poor taste but they were all he had.

"Phillip. Hey Phillip"

Belos could hear an echoing whisper which seemed to be coming from all directions.

"Long time no see Phillip"

"SHOW YOURSELF HUMAN"
Belos growled out loudly but he heard no response.

He looked around cautiously but nothing out of the ordinary was in sight.

He continued on his endless path through the woods. On a goalless journey to find a way back to the isles.

To be continued...