007 - comas & hospital gowns

Kwan woke up to the loud noise of hospital monitors beeping, and the omnipresent smell of antiseptic.

There was a phone ringing nearby, and the loud noise echoed throughout his aching head. He groaned, moving to answer it and stop the annoying ringing, but feeling like his head was weighing him down.

The next thing he tried was opening his eyes. Which he could do far better at than to lifting up his head. It took a while for him to adjust to the lighting in the room, and when he did everything clicked.

He sucked in a panicked breath, looking down at the way one arm was in a sling, and the other one had needles sticking out of it. The side of his head was throbbing in pain, and when he reached up to touch it, he was met with the material of a bandage.

"Parker?" Kwan called, suddenly wide  awake. He used all his strength to sit up in his bed, almost fainting in the process.

The curtain separating his bed from another one slid open, revealing Skye, "Oh my god, Alex."

"Skye?" Kwan asked, trying to turn his head to see her better, but getting a nauseating headache the second he did, "What happened?"

Skye sighed, and Kwan's eyes moved over to the bed that Skye was unsuccessfully trying to block. He gasped when he realized who it was.

"You were supposed to block the bed from him." Parker said from the doorway, holding three box's of cereal in his hands.

"It's kind of hard to when her bed is fucking huge, thanks." Skye shot back, snatching one of the cereal boxes from him.

"What happened to Valentina?" Kwan asked, unable to take his eyes away from the motionless body of his bestfriend. Was that how he had looked earlier, before he had woken up?

Parker and Skye shared a look, but before they could say anything Kiara walked in. She was carrying a bag over one of her arms, and a bunch of books in another.

Confused and disoriented, Kwan looked at her in bewilderment as she set them on his bed.

It took two seconds for Parker to shake his head and move them off to the nearby table, "No way is he doing homework right now, are you insane?"

"The teachers told me to bring it!" Kiara explained, grabbing one of the cereal box's from his hands, "For me? Thanks!"

She sat down next to Skye, the both of them giggling about their cereal stealing accomplishment.

Parker sighed, putting the other cereal box on the small table next to Kwan, before sitting down on his bed. He intertwined their hands, and Kwan scanned Parker's arm with wide eyes.

"What happened to you?" Kwan asked, scanning the rest of Parker's body for any more bandages. It hit him then, that Parker was wearing a hospital gown too.

"Some glass from the car got into my arm, no big deal." Parker replied nonchalantly.

"I'm the only one who's actually been released from the hospital." Skye spoke up, sitting in the chair in the corner of the room, "The doctors said I got the best of the crash, whatever that means. You and Val got the worst of it, though."

Kwan closed his eyes, trying to process all of this information, "Who did this?"

There was a moment of silence before Parker finally responded, "They don't know, the car that crashed into us was gone when the police got there."

"A car did hit us, right?" Skye asked, staring into space, "We didn't just crash?"

Kwan nodded, reaching for the box of cereal, "I remember, the car that was following us hit us."